The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Thanks buddy. None of this would be possible with out you guys. I really appreciate the contributions.

1 Like

Oh and I just listened to a podcast with Grisham and Mannix talking about video game. They said they are expecting 95% of all famous fighters to be in the game.

Todd told a cool story. He didnt name the fighter, but I wonder if it might have been Alexis Arguello. He said the deal with the fighters is that most of them get a few cents per unit sold. Which adds up if you sell millions.

So he is doing deals with a lot of fighters, and even the ‘normal’ fighters are expected to make $50-$150k, depending on sales. He said he called the family of a deceased central american fighter to offer them this deal. That they dont have to do anything, just sign the rights, and they will get that much money.

He said the family were broken with gratitude. They really need the money, and felt Todd was a gift from God (out of the blue). Saying bless your family etc. lol

1 Like

That’s a great story and hopefully it’s true. I’ll definitely be buying it and hopefully it sells millions.

2 Likes

I cant say, if its true but he sounded sincere.

Here is a clip. Watch from 5:15 - 6:00mins, if you want to.

1 Like

Thanks bro I’ll watch soon

Nice! I can’t wait for this. I love that this division is stacked and no one ducks anyone. This is what boxing should be.

Ali vs Liston 2 - with added color.

1 Like

Ryan Garcia, Javier Fortuna Agree To Terms For July Fight

Garcia is going to have a very solid (early) resume if he wins that fight.

I saw Stephen A and Max talking about Bud vs Pac…is that happening?

Apparently so. Not confirmed, but story circulating.

And Bob Arum scheduled it a week apart from Teo Lopez’s Triller fight. This, of course, after his leaving Bob.

lol. Well done Bob.

I can’t wait for Bob to…ummm…retire

2 Likes

Lord baby Jesus let this fight happen

Bud should be fighting the top guys

Now Remember Jirov beat Tarver in the Olympics. Jirov was very good and would have beaten Tarver in the pro ranks also. At Cruiserweight Jirov was a great fighter. It took Toney at his best to beat him. The was one fight that James trained his ass off for and came into in great condition. Anything less and he would have lost. Jirov moved up to heavyweight where he nearly killed Joe Mesi while losing a decision. One more minute and he would have stopped Mesi. He was way ahead of Michael Moorer when he got caught and stopped. The only other blemish on his record was a draw against a very underrated Orlin Norris. Jirov was very good. There is a reason Roy didn’t want to try to add one more belt in another division. He wanted no part of Jirov. I’m not saying he was scared, but it was going to be bad for business.

Do you guys tune into the Tyson podcast. He has some pretty cool content.

Last week Bruce Buffer was on and did an ‘Iron Mike Intro’ - it got Mike hyped.
The week before Canelo was on.

And how about this latest episode: Mike Tyson, Thomas Hearns, Ray Leonard and Shane Mosley together just chatting.

Tommy and Ray watch some of their fight, and talk through it!

1 Like

I saw high lights of it. It was cool

Threw on the Frampton-Herring card to have in the background while doing shit around the house but probably won’t be around to catch the main fight. Always liked Frampton and would like to see him win here but unsure where he’s at physically these days, hasn’t he been dealing with a lot of injuries?

1 Like