The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

lol - He has the Rocky music blasting! He has a headband on. He is doing sit ups. A trainer is karate chopping his stomach. Another trainer is shouting the reps, lol - ‘19, 20, 21’. rocky music continues…

2 Likes
1 Like

Scarface on in the background lol

1 Like
1 Like

I just got an email from Showtime that they are refunding me for the Mayweather PPV.

I never asked for a refund and was able to watch the whole event until the end. It did cut out on me like 5 seconds after the final bell so I was annoyed I couldn’t see the post fight interviews but whatever.

Anyone else get this email?

1 Like

So who has to eat this money?

Definitely Showtime. Their product/production took a shit

Ouch!

Wonder if there’s some kinda insurance

1 Like

They are going to take a serious loss on this I’d imagine. They must be refunding everyone because I didn’t even request a refund. Wow.

This is a long term move, they don’t want to piss off or scare away potential future PPV buyers. Props to Showtime for doing that right thing. But damn it seems excessive I didn’t even want a refund since I was able to watch most all of it.

3 Likes

Top Rank have just announced they are partnering with SKY, and are to take over Hearn’s role.

The surprising thing is they are not only giving them all their US fights, but are putting on monthly UK fights too.

So UK will have Matchroom, Top Rank and Queensbury putting on 3-4 shows every month, in the UK alone.

It starts with Shakur fight.

Yea good move by Arum

Shakur Stevenson fighting tonight

1 Like

And Ritson vs Ponce in UK at 10pm ish (5pm est). 1000 fans.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

also on agenda:

Monday - MR have press conference announcing the fight schedule for Hearn’s back garden fights this year.

Also at that event they are unveiling the new MR broadcast team which will do DAZN fights. Hearn has been boasting that it is Ultra level talent. lol - so he is setting himself up for a fall, but seems confident. Really boasting.

So it’s goodbye Jonny Nelson probably. lol

Then on Tuesday fury vs wilder 3 presser.

1 Like

The Wilder-Fury lead up will be hilarious

3 Likes

lol - yes - they have a clash of styles which makes it funnier.

Wilder wants to go on Biblical rants, and Fury just wants to squeaze his belly, laugh, joke and maybe even sing!

It takes something away from the Wilder side. lol

2 Likes

Lol Wilder is all over the place. Till this day baby.

2 Likes

I think Wilder could have a breakdown…lol

2 Likes