The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

They’ll be gone soon. Unless they just plan on doing celeb fights.

2 Likes

Fury responds to a Wilder tweet, and Wilder answers back as well.

2 Likes

He is looking bigger/stronger.

1 Like

Yea he has the frame for it. Still not moving my needle though lol

1 Like

I am always suspicious when men speak of having their ‘needle’ moved, by other muscular men.

Anyway, does this move your ‘needle’?

1 Like

James Corden GIF by E!

1 Like

Not sure if that’s a good thing or not.

He’s going to be the smaller guy no matter what.

His power doesn’t come from being strong.

Extra size, especially being all muscle could make him stiffer.

We shall see.

Didn’t care before, but for some reason I’m interested again. First two fights were classics.

3 Likes

I think he is putting the weight on to try and prevent Fury leaning on him, dragging him around, and Wilder becoming exhausted because of it.

2 Likes

Nah! This is all just to be able to wear his ring walk outfit :wink:

3 Likes

Hey Mr MVP - Barry Bonds. I have good news, my friend! The Steve Kim, and Mario Lopez podcast now has YT video. So you can watch ol’ Steve on your 50 inch TV, up close.

They actually cover MMA now too. It’s a good show.

1 Like

Just realized he’s covering his legs with a t shirt. Lmao. That has to be on purpose. He was getting shit for his skinny legs a while back.

2 Likes

strong text[quote=“FG_Gall, post:40438, topic:2086472, full:true”]

Nah! This is all just to be able to wear his ring walk outfit :wink:
[/quote]

You beat me to it/ was going to post the same !

3 Likes

lol Good spot. - Yeah, me too. I thought, at a glance, those were Lennox Lewis type shorts. But maybe he is covering his skinny legs. Or, maybe, he is covering his ‘needle’.

1 Like

lol they don’t know shit about combat sports

1 Like

lol - Do you really think that?? C’mon, Lopez wrestled in college. He trains BJJ (I think he is blue or purple), and his has trained boxing at Wild Card for 20 years. Has sparred with Canelo. Gees! I think Willie is right about you!

1 Like

Just because one trains in said sport doesn’t mean they know shit bout it. I’ve heard enough dumb breakdowns and bad opinions from guys that use to fight or currently do. Believe it or not a lot of fighters from my personal experience don’t even really like watching… unless it’s a fight that is personal to them. Look at Bradley and Ward for an example… both were champs but listening to both you would only think Ward was the ex boxer lol.

I’ll give Mario a shot again lol. Post a recent podcast with dumb and dumber and I’ll be honest.

2 Likes

Well Barry, you have to consider that maybe your standards are higher than most. For average fans, well, we like Jim Lampley. We like Larry Merchant. We like George Foreman. We like Carl Froch.

You probably wouldn’t like Jonny Nelson (former world champion), because he said this week Usyk is just an average southpaw, no different to a bunch of guys he has seen in the gym. lol

So leave Jonny aside. We like Manny Steward, and Max Kellerman, Lopez and Kim!

The episode, above, is their first in this new video format. Covers AJ v Usyk, and last UFC.

1 Like
3 Likes

I like most you mentioned… outside of the homers like Lopez and Kim lol. I’ll check out the video and give my honest opinion lol

1 Like

lol

Here, just watch for a few minutes.

Watch from 0:40 seconds, for about 5 mins. Concise, analysis of AJ v Usyk.

1 Like