The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

ice cube film GIF

3 Likes

Steve is correct though.

2 Likes

Well yea… 10 other media related people said the same. There’s nothing mind blowing he said. He’s the Kenny Florian of the boxing world

2 Likes

ricky-boyz-n-the-hood
BURGOOOOOS!!!

6 Likes

Lol

4 Likes

Tank is big in the black/hip hop community so he seems like a bigger star than he is.

He’s banking on his fights being an event where black celebs go to see and be seen.

But I don’t see how he monetizes that without fighting somebody relevant.

5 Likes

Zab Judah already had that following. But Zab had the balls to fight anyone.

4 Likes

Agreed. Tank is an exciting fighter. He is similar to Canelo, in some ways. His style, patience, and ability to finish.

However, recently Floyd blamed others for his lack of universal appeal. Blamed reporters for Tank not being in PPV top ten, blamed people focusing on Canelo as a star, when there are other stars.

However, it’s just because he is not fighting top guys. Canelo became a star after fighting Mayweather, GGG, Cotto etc. He didn’t start out with the power he does now.

If Tanks fights Lomachenko, every boxing fan would watch that fight. And if he won, he would be a true star. And if he lost, as Caenlo did to Floyd, he would be more well known.

This ‘avoid losses at all costs’, can have some benefits. But so can the other routes.

5 Likes

I could fap so hard to that fight.

4 Likes

boom smile GIF

4 Likes
1 Like

See your boy Steve should hire you as his ghost writer

5 Likes
1 Like

Lmao…these idiots just don’t get it

I bet they would say “look at these bums fighting Tanks leftovers”

And it looks to me he’s trying to goad the top fighters to challenge Cruz and not Tank :laughing:

Lame as fuck

5 Likes

I love Tank but he needs to take a big fight at lightweight. There are 4 or 5 that make sense

Shame Mikey Garcia lost cause I was down for that match up

4 Likes
3 Likes

Just speculation… could be trolling on Wlad’s part. But on his social media there’s a pic of him in the ring training with another boxer. The caption said, Challenge Accepted. Wlad is now 45 so who knows.

2 Likes

A single “side” shouldn’t include that many names in it.

2 Likes

Just before Covid, I heard he was coming back. But then with Covid it all stopped.

1 Like
4 Likes