The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Casimero don’t want that smoke lol.

Canelo
Usyk
Lomachenko
Spence
Boots
Inoue

Those are probably my guys right now that I root hard for. But there’s others I like to watch because they are exciting to watch. But I try to watch as much as I can whenever there’s fights on. My kid is still young, and I’m older so I can’t watch all the fights like I use too.

1 Like

I thought Bivol was actually too small for 175 for a while there.

Is there a go fund me to help you in this time of poverty?

I’ve seen Africans eat better.

3 Likes

I’m becoming biased against Usyk because so many people are hanging off his jock but there’s no doubt, he’s #1 now that Fury retired. Interesting to see how he’ll come back now after his wartime service. Praying for Loma to come back safe and sound as well, I’d love to see him back in the mix at 135.

Bivol looks to be smaller than Benavides, so he’d probably a slightly larger than average SMW. I’m hoping for Canelo to take on Benavides instead of Bivol again, I don’t see Canelo improving on his form enough to win against Bivol but against Benavides, this could be a firecracker.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

3 Likes

Shocked John Diggle GIF by The Paley Center for Media

3 Likes

When did fury retire?

Espn Fighting GIF by Top Rank Boxing

2 Likes
1 Like

Joe Rogan Oh Snap GIF by UFC

2 Likes

4 Likes

You know how those Russians are. Always fighting above their natural weight. I think Bivol would be even more dangerous at 168.

I know everyone wants to see Canelo and David go. David doesn’t have much defense and don’t think he has the pure boxing skills. But his size would be interesting for Canelo.

I understand when fighters get thrown down your throat. That’s how I felt about GGG in his prime. But Usyk has challenged himself unlike GGG. Like GGG he’s a likable guy, charismatic, etc.

I probably would of liked GGG more if he challenged himself and Abel Sanchez wasn’t talking him up like he was the next Sugar Ray Robinson.

2 Likes

Yeah Benavides commented on Bivol’s power in sparring. Bivol could easily be a 2 weight champion.

TBF, Usyk had the physicality to be a HW. It wasn’t a stretch to see him go to HW, just astounding how he dominated Joshua from beginning to end.

GGG is a MW and would be a very small SMW. He beat up Groves in sparring so he could potentially be a 2 weight champ but lets face it, the money is where Canelo says it will be and now its at SMW. When you are on the wrong side of your 30’s, you have to make the fights that make sense.

2 Likes

Yea I would of loved to see GGG challenge himself against Froch or Ward when the fight was there.

1 Like

He would’ve given Froch a serious ass froching.

1 Like

I would of favored GGG.

1 Like

Froch would’ve whipped him. He’d probably take quite an ass kicking in the process but he did that every fight.

2 Likes

Mike was a beast in his time. Reminds me a lot of myself.

2 Likes

I don’t know. Froch was getting starched by Jermaine Taylor. If it wasn’t for him being shot he would of lost.

2 Likes