The thing about Colby/Usman holding out...

Dan Lambert indicated both Colby and Usman are holding out for more money at the moment.

The thing about those two guys holding out is weird.

The UFC could strip Kamaru and end both their contracts tomorrow and it would do zero damage to the UFC yet they would only have Bellator or PFL as options.

They are in one of the deepest divisions in the history of the sport and two more popular WW’s just took their MSG main event spot and will put on a bigger show with more people watching than they would have. You just don’t see low demand title fights like this get held up due to negotiations all that often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Xd_0Lnt6Y

On one hand most agree that fighters should be paid more. Then we got Cuck OP suggesting terminate the two best 170ers for trying to get paid and send them to another org. Solid 

Vikingknee -

On one hand most agree that fighters should be paid more. Then we got Cuck OP suggesting terminate the two best 170ers for trying to get paid and send them to another org. Solid 

I agree fighters should make more than the 20%.

I said UFC could cut both men and it would not hurt their business, that does not mean I suggested they should do that. Using childish insults like you do though indicates you are not likely even intelligent enough to understand the difference between suggesting something should be done and discussing that something could be done.

4 Likes

It is odd indeed, I agree that both are great fighters but neither is a draw, the only people who know them are big MMA fans, even with Colby's heel act, the casuals still don't know him. He just annoys the die hards. 

Diaz and Masvidal is a bigger draw overall which is sad but true. Colby and Usman dropped the ball not taking this fight at MSG as perhaps they could have gotten noticed more, however that being said, they would almost need a decent co-main like Diaz-masvidal just to get more people to tune in.

colby turning down both Usman and Woodley makes him look bad with his shit talking as well, he has the skills and could be a fan favorite if he just shut up and fights, but with one loss his heel persona may bury him into irrelevancy regardless of his skill.

some people can pull off the heel roll with great success, Colby is just not one of them

1 Like
BJ Penn Forever -
Vikingknee -

I said UFC could cut both men and it would not hurt their business, that does not mean I suggested they should do that. Using childish insults like you do though indicates you are not likely even intelligent enough to understand the difference between suggesting something should be done and discussing that something could be done.

What does this mean?

jpm995 -
BJ Penn Forever -
Vikingknee -

What does this mean?

UFC wants to keep fighter pay below 20% of each event's earnings or something like that 

bootysweat - 
jpm995 -
BJ Penn Forever -
Vikingknee -

What does this mean?

UFC wants to keep fighter pay below 20% of each event's earnings or something like that 

20% is what fighters are paid.

I think they should be paid more despite what that illiterate moron Vikingknee claims.

Would be interesting to know what Colby is asking for that he turned down Woodley too.

While they indeed deserve more than 20% they also signed the contracts. The correct formula is to win out the contract while continuing to boldster your brand and THEN renegotiate.