the thing about Shogun.

drunkard - 
epic hero - Every guy that shogun faced in the tournament were top 10, Pride had much better fighters during this time period, UFC was the kiddy pool.

Rampage Jackson: don't really have to say much. I know this is probably one of the few fighters you have actually heard of in pride, became famous after smashing Chuck Liddell. This was prime Rampage. Shogun absolutely dominated him from the opening bell, giving Rampage the worst beat down of his career while Rampage was in his prime. One of the most impressive performances I've seen at the top level of mma.

Lil Nog: Nog was on his prime, and was coming off the destruction of Dan Henderson. Stylistically, this was one of Shogun's hardest fights. Shogun beat him in a back and forth war, this fight is considered one of the best rights in MMA history.

Alistair Overeem: was coming off wins over Igor Vovchanchyn and Vitor Belfort. Overeem is the only person to have submitted Belfort in an MMA fight.

Ricardo Arona: one of the best grapplers in the sport, coming off the win over prime Wanderlei Silva. Shogun ran right through him and destroyed him. Arona was the first person to beat Wanderlei at LHW in like 6 years or so.

Get a clue homie.

Alright epic homo lets start with Overeem. In less than a 2 year period ,beginning with the Shogun fight, he was an amazing 4-6 including being KTFO by Sergei Kharitonov WHO?
Sergei Kharitonov ????????????? Oh and kiddy pool Chuck knocked his ass out in the first round as well a couple years before. Great fighter? Horseshit!!!!

Little nog and Arona. both these guys were knocked out in the first round by a fighter who has a lifetime record of 12 wins and 10 losses. Nog in 1:59 and Arona in23 seconds!!!
Greatest fighters in the world are guys like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Georges St. Pierre. Let me know when these guys get KO'd in less than 2 minutes of the first round by a slightly over .500 fighter. That's right ass clown, greatest fighters in the world don't get knocked out in the first round by an average fighter!!!!!

Rampage beat Chuck in 2003 ,the same year Randy handed Chuck his ass. In 2005 and 2006 Chuck knocked Randy out twice , so obviously,Chuck got much better during that time. Also Chuck gassed in about 2 seconds in that fight and appeared not just hung over but as if he had fallen off the bar stool and landed in the ring drunk. Rampage also had 2 fights around that time with Wanderlei and was knocked out in the second round in one and TKO'd in the first round in the other .

Good fighters? YES greatest fighters in the world? not even close.

Shogun IS a very good fighter and his style is cool . He attacks which is what I think fighting is all about . But the way you and several others on this forum try to portray him as a legend in the sport ,the greatest LHW of all time, and all this other shit is ridiculous based on that tournament back in 2005. One of the best LHW ? yes . The best ever and some kind of God,a living legend ? NO.

Voted the fuck up, voted the fuck up, well done sir!