The Things You Don't Like About The UFC Thread

1. The overall aesthetic (tattoos, stand and bang, gladiator music, nu metal).

2. Dana White being the face of the company to the public and his attitude towards non-ufc fighters or promotions (which strikes me as penny-wise and pound-foolish and insults our intelligence).

3. The blatant promotional push given to some fighters and denied others in its various incarnations (commentators going on and on about one fighter and not another, diego sanchez wearing a sombrero, okami being buried on the undercard repeatedly).

4. The matchmaking at times. Silva's title defenses, Brock getting a quick title shot.

5. The rules - i hate the ten point must system, the five minute rounds, the lack of knees on the ground, and lack of consistent reffing and judging.

6. The lack of in depth looks at each fighters story and personality to build interest in fights (though shogun/machida seemed to do a better job than usual). This doesn't mean the usual manufactured bad blood.

7. Not showing fights that should be shown, so that i can instead hear rogan and goldie talking for fifteen minutes and a transformers 3 preview: Pat Barry vs. Hardonk probably should've been shown at the end of the card the other night.

8. Showing every celebrity makes you come off like the kid who got the cool kids to finally come to one of your parties.

9. Cards getting shallower and shallower on good fights.

10. Not having some 145 lb. fighters on the cards.

We get a weekly reality show, we get free fights on Spike. Fighters are making better money.

Its useless to bitch about a refs decision to stopp the fight to early/late. They are basically umpires and human error will happen. Doesnt mean I think Mirglifuckup and Mazz could use a little rest to evaluate and study the sport a bit more.

Stuff that does piss me off:

Dana dropping swear words on shows and in enviroments that dont call for it.

Everyone swears. Especially CEO's, Execs, etc. Doesnt mean they want to hear it when your pitching to them how great the UFC is.

Dana slamming other orgs. He says he likes competition but IMO does everythign in his power to keep the monopoly they seem to have on the US MMA market.

Still seeing guys getting 3k/3k in their first fight

Big John not reffing but Mirg is

I hate that scrawny little bitch David Spade at all the UFC's. This maginies if Chuck is fighting and I have to see spade yelling "go Chuck".

I hate whiny fagits like the OP who feel the need to make numbered lists about things they dont like..

edit: double

I think the UFC is missing structure.

Bunnymonster - 1) The rules -- No knees on the ground is bullshit, stomps and soccer kicks I'd like to see but can understand the issues there, no pants seems annoying too...

2) The referees -- Rothwell vs Valasquez is the most recent of many.

3) The judges/judging -- Seriously something needs to be done here.

4) The lack of ramp!!!!!!!!

1. The rules are determined by the athletic commissions.

2. The referees are licensed and selected by the athletic commissions.

3. The judges are licensed and selected by the athletic commissions.

If the lack of ramp is the biggest complaint you have against the UFC, then I think they'll be satisfied. Perhaps you should move your post to a thread entitled "Why the CSAC sucks", as you're complaints would be very relevant there.

Badder Harry - i'll start.

1. the gladiator opening
2. super-metal-screaming song

those 2 things are the uFC to me

whats not to like about david spade... dude always has a little jack daniels bottle on him... always gives me a laugh...

we need big john back, go back to no rounds and score the fight as a whole....

allow knees to the head on the ground and flying stomp kicks, and soccer kicks (i could deal with no soccer kicks)... but it's more exciting...

the gladiator entrance blows, the music is getting so tired... goldie & bruce USED to be good at what they did... now goldie just repeats BS and BRUCE BUFF........FUUUURR, needs to stop pronouncing names like that and go back to what he used to do and say them right.... (or just bring in his brother)...

they should accept the wamma as a "certified" champ or something... but only if wamma changes their name to something cool :)

they should go back to japan and either do UFCJ or restart pride. and get fedor. and overeem. and aoki. and mousasi...etc etc...

they should hold tournaments like the old days... and show them free on ABC, NBC or CBS or PBS... or whatever (spike ain't "free").

they should allow inside mma to show VIDEO clips... longer than 2 seconds... and hire bas to commentate alongside rogan... and quadros.

they should make a 235+ SHW division. they should kill the wec and add the lighter weight classes to the UFC (who the hell gets VS. channel anyways?).

HDTV PPV should not cost $10 more.

they shouldn't tape the color of the fighters corner on their damn gloves... use black tape or something... yeah i'm knit picking g'dammit

should have let randy out of his contract so he could fight fedor... now it's too late

if a fight goes the distance, both fighters can choose to accept an overtime round, if both don't agree then it goes to judges.

if a fight is ever declared an early stoppage...(by the extra judges sitting in a booth somewhere)... then both fighters can agree to continue the fight right there, although to be fair, both fighters have to agree.

the clock must count up not down. :) (sorry i miss the old days).

the post fight press conference should be shown on spike tv or something, or have a longer ppv.

i should probably stop now....

Being called an L.A. douchebag

it's funny that some people feel they have to defend the UFC when it it faces any criticism

only one Arianny

bismanfightclub - 
asscobra -  Being called an L.A. douchebag

Dammit, the state athletic commissions determine what names you are going to be called, not the UFC!

Good to know. Did I mention I don't live in L.A.?

Ramsey - The surplus of know it all's on MMA forums that actually think they can do better than what the UFC is already doing.

...Shutup.
- The amount of fat people in the UFC. MMA is a growing sport, and many of the new viewers are uneducated. All they see is what looks like two out of shape bums lying on top of each other. We need ripped people like Andrei Arlovksi and Alistair Ubereem to make the sport presentable to the noobs.Recently, I was trying to convince my noob friend to watch Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort instead of Mayweather vs Marquez. I explained to him that ''Vitor is really good, at one stage he was actually a pro boxer''. My friend's reaction was ''But he's fat''.

$25 parking

The Know it all - 
Ramsey - The surplus of know it all's on MMA forums that actually think they can do better than what the UFC is already doing.

...Shutup.
- The amount of fat people in the UFC. MMA is a growing sport, and many of the new viewers are uneducated. All they see is what looks like two out of shape bums lying on top of each other. We need ripped people like Andrei Arlovksi and Alistair Ubereem to make the sport presentable to the noobs.Recently, I was trying to convince my noob friend to watch Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort instead of Mayweather vs Marquez. I explained to him that ''Vitor is really good, at one stage he was actually a pro boxer''. My friend's reaction was ''But he's fat''.

lol on what planet is Vitor "fat" lol your fiends an idiot!!

asscobra -  Being called an L.A. douchebag

If the shoe fits.......

it's not PRIDE

TheBear228 - 
Bunnymonster - 1) The rules -- No knees on the ground is bullshit, stomps and soccer kicks I'd like to see but can understand the issues there, no pants seems annoying too...

2) The referees -- Rothwell vs Valasquez is the most recent of many.

3) The judges/judging -- Seriously something needs to be done here.

4) The lack of ramp!!!!!!!!

1. The rules are determined by the athletic commissions.

2. The referees are licensed and selected by the athletic commissions.

3. The judges are licensed and selected by the athletic commissions.

If the lack of ramp is the biggest complaint you have against the UFC, then I think they'll be satisfied. Perhaps you should move your post to a thread entitled "Why the CSAC sucks", as you're complaints would be very relevant there.

Surely the UFC has some say in the judges used? Why do I see Cecil judging in England along with Mazzagatti as ref? Can't the UFC request that referees/judges excuse themselves, the same way fighters can?

I'm still confused by the concept/validity of athletic commissions but that is a different argument altogether...

Shooto once again leads the way here with a consistent, transparent and fair system to get licensed which involves judging (or refereeing) low level events accurately before being given the chance to work your way up to the bigger shows. I think this shows through in the quality of Shooto decisions, which while sometimes a little dubious are rarely if ever the utter travesties we see routinely in the UFC...

I've been watching since the early days and I am STILL not aware of who trains at Team Sityodtong.  Mike Goldberg, when will you ever fill us in?!

trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator with the cheesy gladiator intro and the baba o'reilly montage.

not having progressed far beyond the WWE tacky def leppardesque 80's concert lighting and fighter intros that hark back to such creative entrances as kimo and jo san.

preferential treatment of the company men, including many of the favorite Tuf fighters, as if MMA fighters spend hours and hours every day training in martial arts just so they can go work for a corporation and have to kiss dana's ass to succeed in the company.

the still prevalent overuse of the color yellow throughout the ufc, as if trying to appeal to the inner mcdonald's in everyone.

the whole 'are you looking for a fight?' advertising catch phrase methodology. i don't see what is so bad about emphasizing the sport aspect of mma, as opposed to the 'fight' aspect. sure they are fighting, but it's not a streetfight, and teenagers might have a hard time differentiating between the two. it is not difficult to package the product in a more responsible fashion to society, without sterilizing it.

things i like about the ufc:

the way they listen to the fans, reading the forums, advancing the sport beyond the circus show days of the ufc, paying the top fighters gooood paychecks to provide motivation to fighters for being the best, month in and month out trying to make the best shows possible, goldy and the roganator, and of course arianny.

and thx for offering a rematch of shogun/machida, since the judging was the fault of the CSAC, not the UFC.