The Tremors Francise - Underated?

Just watched  the whole film series - I really thought I had seen the sequel before but it didn't seem familar. Catch  the original when it cam out in the cinema but not seen it in a long time.

The first film is amazing - a great update on the Corman Monster films. One of the things that makes it great is the chemistry between the 2 leads (Fred Ward and Kevon Bacon) and you even get to care about all the secondary characters. Also the monsters are all models/puppets etc rather than CGI.

The sequels are all enjoyable but drop off in quality as they progress and they all feature less than stellar cgi effects. Kevin Bacon never reappears and Fred Ward once stars in number 2.  From them on its the Michael Gross show. The 3rd sequel is interesting as it is infact a prequel set in the old west and starring the accestor of Burt Gummer who is a gun shy coward...

I am almost tempted to retry the TV show again.

Tremors 5: bloodline is up next

I enjoyed every movie. Definitely underrated imo Phone Post 3.0

The chick in the first one. She was nice. Phone Post

Yeah - great coincidence...

Michael Gross is back - great casting for him. From left Wing liberal ex hippy in family Ties to the wonderful Gun toting right wing nut.

Loved the first one. I think everyone my age has seen it a ton of times since they always used to show it on tbs like 15-20 years ago. Wasn't a big fan of the sequels but the last one the prequel was pretty decent I thought. Only saw it once when it came out but it kind of had the feel of the first one. At least thats how I remember it. Phone Post 3.0

1st time watching the 1st one after hummer killed the graboid with his plethora of guns, my dad rewound it to watch that part over again. Awesome movie. Also Fuuuuck u. Phone Post 3.0

Any one see the TV series? Phone Post 3.0

ferox13 - Yeah - great coincidence...

Michael Gross is back - great casting for him. From left Wing liberal ex hippy in family Ties to the wonderful Gun toting right wing nut.

I'd pretend to be a hippie to pound Elyse Keatons protest sign. 

Way under rated.

The first Tremors is one of those movies you can catch at any part be it on cable, or TV, you damn well know you are finishing it.

Tremors is a comfort film. You are feeling shitty? Watch Remo Williams and Mr. Bacon pole vault around the desert. Problems seem to lessen some.

I am ashamed to say I have never seen Remo Williams - i need to sort that out...

I liked the Egg Shen character too - It is one of the few monster films were nearly the entire cast are interesting and not just creature fodder.

Part 1 and 2 were badass, Burt Gummer absolutely rocks! Can't say the same for the farting graboids in the later sequel though.

I think it's more of a comedy than anything else

I'll watch it whenever it's on

I didn't even know there was a TV series

Was the second one the things on two legs that used echolocation to hunt?

If so, I only saw the first and second one. Phone Post 3.0

FUUUUUUCCKKKK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Nitecrawler - Was the second one the things on two legs that used echolocation to hunt?

If so, I only saw the first and second one. Phone Post 3.0

Yup thats the one...

And the 3rd one had the farting/flying one. I think that one is the weakest.

One thing that improved the series is that I think part of the team that created tremors was involved through out the series. The writers from the original directed all the sequels.

For anyone interested here is the PILOT EPISODE

Egg Shen getting killed in the first one gave me nightmares as a kid. Phone Post 3.0

When I was a kid I told my mom I wanted my hair like Burt's cause he was the most badass man I'd ever seen.

At the time I didn't understand what was so funny about a 6 year old wanting the hair style of a balding, middle-aged man. Phone Post 3.0

yes

Soup Nazi - Part 1 and 2 were badass, Burt Gummer absolutely rocks! Can't say the same for the farting graboids in the later sequel though.
Smells like a bad night of beans. . Phone Post 3.0