The truth about Brown's title shot

Lombard is Matt's proving ground, even more so than Hendricks.

Hendricks vs Brown is going to be puncher vs puncher, who can out-will each other to the finish. Great fight but predictable from the standpoint of what's going to happen. Pretty much a coin toss.

Lombard vs Brown is going to be a clinic, who's skills come out on top. Brown will have to learn how to deal with a bigger stronger guy who's judo is better than Shield's wrestling. He will also not have the option of taking punches at his leisure.

Rather see Lombard/Brown. The winner is the #1 guy imo.

Matt Brown threw Silva a few times

So Hendricks couldn't wrestled Brown? That aspect changes those fifty-fifty odds considerably, IMO. Phone Post 3.0

dermotfix - 

Silva was a walking corpse by that point.

"Brown will have to learn how to deal with a bigger stronger guy who's judo is better than Shield's wrestling. He will also not have the option of taking punches at his leisure."

I don't see how this doesn't apply to Hendricks as well. Johny is more of a one-puncher than Lombard is, and I would bet that he would win the takedown battle as well. In addition, he is in the ring at over 200lb, while Lombard is a midget.

Both lombard and Hendricks win via Ko and I love me some mb Phone Post 3.0

caseharts - Both lombard and Hendricks win via Ko and I love me some mb Phone Post 3.0
I love to state the obvious, but here goes...

Brown has earned the shot based on his popularity. By ranking? No. By popularity? Id say probably overwhelmingly yes.

Ufc does not have to put up who deserves more. They are not required by comission to sanction any fight by ranking. I would think hendricks brown would sell bigger than lombard brown. More exciting imo. Remember, tix sales/ppv sales is the goal. Phone Post 3.0

If Brown beats Lombard I'll be jizzing for several minutes straight Phone Post 3.0

choadler -
caseharts - Both lombard and Hendricks win via Ko and I love me some mb Phone Post 3.0
I love to state the obvious, but here goes...

Brown has earned the shot based on his popularity. By ranking? No. By popularity? Id say probably overwhelmingly yes.

Ufc does not have to put up who deserves more. They are not required by comission to sanction any fight by ranking. I would think hendricks brown would sell bigger than lombard brown. More exciting imo. Remember, tix sales/ppv sales is the goal. Phone Post 3.0
I'd rather they have him fight lombard. That's my opinion. Woodley or rory gets Hendricks next. I don't think that's changing. Phone Post 3.0

FedorEmilioEstevez - If Brown beats Lombard I'll be jizzing for several minutes straight Phone Post 3.0
Only several minutes? Phone Post 3.0

Erik Tracey -
FedorEmilioEstevez - If Brown beats Lombard I'll be jizzing for several minutes straight Phone Post 3.0
Only several minutes? Phone Post 3.0
Until my cheeks suck in and my cock coughs up fairy dust. Phone Post 3.0

My version of the truth is slightly different than yours. Brown has been a good company man. 7 straight wins in the UFC is good enough for a title shot. Let the man have his title fight/payday.

Once Lombard becomes champ (and he will) he will stay champ until he decides to retire. Even a GSP return will not beat Lombard.

babbling monkey - My version of the truth is slightly different than yours. Brown has been a good company man. 7 straight wins in the UFC is good enough for a title shot. Let the man have his title fight/payday.

Once Lombard becomes champ (and he will) he will stay champ until he decides to retire. Even a GSP return will not beat Lombard.
Why would he bypass woodley? Phone Post 3.0

ChaosOverkill - 
dermotfix - 

Silva was a walking corpse by that point.

In the first few minutes of the fight?

Um....what?

Have you seen the fight? Or we're you just too drunk or distracted to remember?

caseharts - 
babbling monkey - My version of the truth is slightly different than yours. Brown has been a good company man. 7 straight wins in the UFC is good enough for a title shot. Let the man have his title fight/payday.

Why would he bypass woodley? Phone Post 3.0

7 straight wins. Lets be real here. He will lose to any top five guy. He will end up like Bisping, but not hated and not as rich.

Brown's done everything he could, it's the ufc's problem he didn't get a top guy to fight. I dont think he beats many of the elite guys but wouldn't mind seeing him get a title shot. At least its guranteed to be a good fight.

I don't know if I could watch this fight, I'd probably have a heart attack. Love watching both of them fight and want to see both of them get a shot at the title. I'd rather see Brown vs. Rory, I reckon he would hurt Rory and finish him. Phone Post 3.0

Lombard-Brown is a great matchup. Throw a couple of fights like that on a card, and I might buy a UFC PPV again.

JBASS - I don't know if I could watch this fight, I'd probably have a heart attack. Love watching both of them fight and want to see both of them get a shot at the title. I'd rather see Brown vs. Rory, I reckon he would hurt Rory and finish him. Phone Post 3.0

I think Rory wins that one easily and I can't stand Rory. Rory would just play it safe and smother him the entire fight.