The truth about Lindland

I respect Matt Lindland as much as anybody but this propaganda about him must end now.

Zuffa has supported Matt for years.

At UFC 37 Matt was given a shot by Zuffa at the title and he was totally dominated by Murillo Bustamante. I was there he was tooled.

Matt was then given another chance to get to a title shot and he knocked himself out against Faliniko Vitale. It sucks but its the truth.

Then Zuffa gave Matt another chance to get a title shot and he got knocked out cold in less than a minute by a guy who had never had one match in the UFC or on any major show for that matter.

Zuffa has given Matt Lindland a lot more opportunities to get the Middleweight belt than a lot of other guys have gotten and he has come up short each time.

Not only that he blatantly broke the rules they set up for advertising that he admits he knew about.

Just because he has stringed together a couple of victories doesn't mean anything has changed.

If Matt came back to the UFC I wouldn't have any problem with it but if he doesn't I'm not going to stay awake at night crying for him like some of you obviously do because he has been given ample opportunity and just not made it.

Sometimes the truth hurts but if he's such a hot property why isn't Japan calling? Ask yourself that.

Poor Matt, he has the worst luck in all of MMA.

Hey Mike shit happens but the truth is the truth.

Not a bad post lastcall but if the "truth is the truth," dont act like they didnt get rid of their undisputed #1 MW contender at a pecularly funny time either.

hunglikedonkey I'm just concerned that the newbies are buying into the Lindland disciples bs about how he has gotten screwed.

Once again I have nothing against Matt personally but Rich Franklin is a well deserving champion. He is undefeated in the UFC and only has one loss in his career.

It pisses me off when people act like Rich is a fake champ.

By the way it's just my two cents but I think Rich would tool Dan Henderson. Once again just my two cents.

"hunglikedonkey I'm just concerned that the newbies are buying into the Lindland disciples bs about how he has gotten screwed."

He did get screwed but i would think the noobs would still be saying all he does is "lnp."

"Once again I have nothing against Matt personally but Rich Franklin is a well deserving champion. He is undefeated in the UFC and only has one loss in his career."

No doubt. But it would have been nice to see them fight to see who was the real best UFC MW, wouldnt it?

"It pisses me off when people act like Rich is a fake champ."

True, he def aint a "fake" anything, Rich is legit as they come but fact still remains is that he didnt have to fight the clear front running #1 contender.

"By the way it's just my two cents but I think Rich would tool Dan Henderson. Once again just my two cents."

Very possible but it is just your 2 cents. My is that Franklin, Lindland, Hendo and Busta would all be toss up matchups and yes, I def think Lindland would have a good shot at beating Busta now, though i could still see Busta beating Lindland too.

Wasa B great post and I can totally accept your points.

Thanks for contributing.

Some correct people here. While Lindland has been on the end of way too much hating, it seems that people are over-compensating by ripping on Franklin.

As Wasa-B put it I think Hendo, Lindland, Busta and Franklin are all toss-up fights, I'd be happy to see any combination of those guys.

Personally, I would like Lindland to rematch Busta and franklin v Hendo.

We can dream pulsar but the way Busta beat Lindland I just don't see anyway he could beat him.

Busta owned him in every facet of the game that night.

Maybe Matt has improved exponentially since that night but in my book Busta is just better.

Now Hendo versus Franklin would be a barn burner no doubt about it.

Matt "the Bridesmaid" Lindland, he is the Susan Lucci of the UFC. But, I must admit he looked impressive against MVA. He is always aggresive and shows no fear. I go back and forth on being a Matt fan but I think he should get a shot at Rich Franklin.

Lastcall

Why the post? Nobody is complaining but you. Matt is fighting in other shows and stays busy. The way he was let go from the UFC was suspect. He said how it was not right, then moved on.

The bustamonte fight was how many years ago? Matt is a totaly different fighter.

Matt is one of the top 185lb fighters in the world and it would great to see him fight the best. Who wins? Who knows until they fiight!

whitemustang I was simply responding to a post I saw about how Matt is getting screwed and how he would totally dismantle Franklin that I saw earlier on the board.

I am not responding to a Lindland quote or post.

I have no problem with fighters and their thoughts.

Lastcall --

While what you're posting may well be fact, you're conveniently leaving out some other information.

Like the fact that there was more than once that Matt was told if he won a certain fight that he'd be given a title shot. And after he won those fights, he was instead given another person he had to beat, instead of the promised title shot.

And the fact the middleweight title was kept in limbo until Matt was out of the picture.

ring girl I appreciate what Matt says but I find it hard to refute that Matt was given a shot at the title against Bustamanate.

I was there he got beat (twice).

Also it was a given they were trying to set him up against his former teammate Evan Tanner for the MW title when Busta had left when he fought Dave and Matt got ko'd for the title shot.

I'm just saying Matt has had more than one opportunity to get the strap and he hasn't gained it for one reason or another.

"While Lindland has been on the end of way too much hating, it seems that people are over-compensating by ripping on Franklin."

Shiet, negro, thats the UG way, hey, hey!

"We can dream pulsar but the way Busta beat Lindland I just don't see anyway he could beat him.
Busta owned him in every facet of the game that night.

Maybe Matt has improved exponentially since that night but in my book Busta is just better."

Well, Lindland is generally just a better overall MMA fighter today.

Lindland's subgrappling game is loads better than of what he Busta with last time.

Busta's striking is still better and has the great reach coupled with his top notch td game too (he took down hendo more than once, aswell as lindland of course, even took down rampage where randleman couldnt).

Im not saying Lindland would def win but i def think he has the game to erase the memory of his owning last time. But lets not forget that was probably Busta's peak performance and that Busta has not really been spectacular since then.

He's lost a few, won a few, and lost some ones which some dont think he should of (Rampage, Hendo).

Lindland hasnt faced anyone in Franklin or Busta's caliber lately but has kept busy and continued to take anyone he's faced, o-u-t.

The one thing Im noticing off the top of my head is that Hendo's best moments against Busta were with power shots or moves. That big right hand or exploding with the knee in the clinch. Lindland doesnt really have that kind of explosive striking ability.

Still, though I didnt see it, Nakamura took Busta down and gave him some good gnp so its not impossible for Matt to do the same though its hard to see Busta in sub trouble, Matt has tapped a steady diet of bjj bbs lately though none are in Busta's league.