The two reasons MM isn't seen as the GOAT

I know there are other threads on this but they're a mess. Here are my two simple reasons Johnson isn't seen as the GOAT.

1) Size. The dude is tiny. 5.3" is really, really short. There are very few adult males around that height let alone fighters let alone UFC calibre mixed martial artists. The talent pool just isn't there and that's his biggest problem in the GOAT debate. If you're walking around and you see a guy as short as MM in the next few weeks I'd be surprised. There's also the fact that he gets manhandled by most UFC fighters. 

2) Personality. This doesn't have anything to do with martial ability but it's a factor for the fans. Fedor and Anderson couldn't speak a great deal of English but they still had the traditional martial arts enigma thing happening and they took risks. Fedor was a friendly assassin who didn't need to blink and destroyed everyone, regardless of how much bigger they were. Anderson was Neo from the Matrix who took super fights, beat Chael with a cracked rib and made Vitor poo himself on stage with a $2 face mask. What does DJ do? Rarely gives interesting answers to anything then thanks his sponsors when he has the mic after a win. The best thing he could do for his sponsors is make more fans.

That said, one or two wins in superfights and he's very hard to deny.

Not GOAT but definitely P4P imo.

The only reason is because 125 is the weakest division in the sport.

Meh he was nobody at BW and makes a career out of sparring with nobodies until he decides to finish.

He has absolutely no charisma, that's his biggest problem. The fact that he is short and has no real competition doesn't help. 

But mostly it's the lack of charisma, I just cringe whenever I hear him say "I'm the best in the world" lol

nobody cares about midgets

OP is a UFC groupie. lol. BTW. DJ is doing all this while.....clean. Pure skills and hard work.

GOAT

Here are my two simple reasons Johnson isn't seen as the GOAT.

Compare the list of fighters he has beaten to Anderson, Jones, GSP, Fedor.

MM definitly does not get the respect he deserves, and is CURRENTLY the best P4P fighter in the world. However, he doesn't really even touch GOAT status

People also don't see the UCON Huskies ladies as the GOAT basketball team despite winning like 100 games straight, it's not seen as high level competition so outside of a fringe group of hardcore fans nobody will ever care.

Depth of the weight class.... However, out wrestling an olympian and submitting a high level BB who had never been submitted before in mma is a pretty impressive accomplishment. 

Racism, he would be the GOAT if he was Whitey Mouse.

I think it's because he was at 135 for a while and couldn't win the title. Now he's racking up defenses against guys who aren't on the p4p radar.

Richard Tuck - Racism, he would be the GOAT if he was Whitey Mouse.

Bravo, sir. 

People that complain about 125 depth, maybe it is deep and he is just that good. There is some good talent in that class. How would you guys compare it to 205 right now?

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

People that complain about 125 depth, maybe it is deep and he is just that good. There is some good talent in that class. How would you guys compare it to 205 right now?

UFC 205 is thin at the moment for sure. It's like it changed places with 185. Still... DC, Jones, Gus and Glover are all killers and Manuwa is looking dangerous