The U.S. Open thread

Who you got?

I think the course will play tough. Winner will need to be hitting it straight all week.

Not sure who to pick.

For fucks sake tiger please win a major. Phone Post 3.0

You think it'll play tough? I was thinking the rain would dumb it down quite a bit. Rough looks beasty though.

Gotta pick Tiger this time, though Muirfield was a clusterfuck. Phone Post

In.

DL3 is going to take this one. Phone Post 3.0

Here's my prediction. The course is short and plays easy bc of the rain. The USGA gets embarrassed, even though they knew it would happen, and respond by demonizing the golf ball so they can stay relevant in the news for the next three years. Phone Post

I think Tiger, Phil, or Stricker.  I would like to see Keegan, Bubba, Boo, Brandt, or Rickie win it.

With rain showers forecasted for Thursday and Friday I think there are going to be some low rounds.

Erocks - 

Here's my prediction. The course is short and plays easy bc of the rain. The USGA gets embarrassed, even though they knew it would happen, and respond by demonizing the golf ball so they can stay relevant in the news for the next three years. Phone Post

In '81 the weather was similar, heavy rains leading up to the tournement.  Winning score was -7. 

OutTapped -
Erocks -  Here's my prediction. The course is short and plays easy bc of the rain. The USGA gets embarrassed, even though they knew it would happen, and respond by demonizing the golf ball so they can stay relevant in the news for the next three years. Phone Post

In '81 the weather was similar, heavy rains leading up to the tournement.  Winning score was -7. 

I hope it doesn't work out that way, but I think it's inevitable. Phone Post

Erocks - 
OutTapped -
Erocks -  Here's my prediction. The course is short and plays easy bc of the rain. The USGA gets embarrassed, even though they knew it would happen, and respond by demonizing the golf ball so they can stay relevant in the news for the next three years. Phone Post

I hope it doesn't work out that way, but I think it's inevitable. Phone Post

I don't care if they shoot +5 or -10.  I just hope come Sunday there are at least 3 or 4 guys within a shot or 2 of the lead.  Last thing I want is come Saturday Night everyone is in the clubhouse and Tiger or somebody has a 5 shot lead.  Unless it's some no name then you stay watching to see if/when he will implode.

Tiger isn't hitting enough fairways this year. They've narrowed them to almost nothing.

If he wants to be in contention he'll have to have his best driving accuracy of the year.

Agree that a close finish is the best. Last year was really good. Heart ached for Jimbo.

The only reason I think Tiger will be Ok is his Player's performance. He got to hit fairway woods and set himself up nicely. I'm not really a fan, but if he can stay out of the rough I figure it's his to lose. Phone Post

Animal Chin - Tiger isn't hitting enough fairways this year. They've narrowed them to almost nothing.

If he wants to be in contention he'll have to have his best driving accuracy of the year.

I would tend to agree but he hasn't seemed to out of whack.  I would imagine he is focusing on putting and getting off the box.  With Tiger's distance he probably won't use driver a lot anyway.  Maybe 5 holes?  I thnk he will either be in contention or barely making the cut.

T-Ham - DL3 is going to take this one. Phone Post 3.0

Gallant pick.

GMac wins it. Phone Post 3.0

Would love to see Gmac win. Phone Post

Animal Chin -
T-Ham - DL3 is going to take this one. Phone Post 3.0

Gallant pick.
I really don't know who to pick but I completely agree with you about everything you've said. Phone Post 3.0

I think I'm going with:

Graeme McDowell
Jason Day
Steve Stricker
Brandt Snedeker Phone Post 3.0

Tiger might have lost Augusta but he was boss hogging it like the Tiger of old. I mean honestly, how often does this happen?

Augusta is a bomb and gouge course. He'll always have a chance there.

GMac said it best talking about that shot. We aim at those things all day and when we finally hit one it's never good.