The U.S. will surpass Japan in MMA

It is only a matter of time. Sure, Japan currently has a much bigger fan base and Pride firmly has the the competitive advantage in that important respect. However, I has been my obversation that American Boxing fans (in DROVES) are transferring interest to MMA. American Boxing fan numbers are LARGE, especially among Latinos, who currently make up around ~45 million Americans.

Eventually, the UFC will be offering much bigger paydays than their Japanese counterpart and all the talent will be here.

Sure, they are being a little greedy and shorting fighers right now, but that won't last long.

In five years, the U.S. will be the center of MMA!

I disagree. The product will become diluted at this rate. Esp when your pushing lower level fighters at PPV rates. Average fan could give a shit about ESPN tuesday Night Fights, but they will sit home for 2nites HBO After Dark Card because of its proven reputation.

"I disagree. The product will become diluted at this rate. Esp when your pushing lower level fighters at PPV rates. Average fan could give a shit about ESPN tuesday Night Fights, but they will sit home for 2nites HBO After Dark Card because of its proven reputation."

Joey, I agree the product will become diluted but it will still be better than most Boxing shows. As for the HBO After Dark Card, every single person I know would rather pay the $35 for an average, current UFC card than watch that.

Plus, bigger future paydays means bringing in bigger and better talent, which I fully expect. Sure most undercard fights might suck, but I guarentee main events will become much better.

Its simple. The higher the dollar figure, the more interested the public is. If Mike Tyson faced Lennox Lewis in their fight for 5 dollars and it was advertised as so, no one would really watch it. But beings it was built up as the biggest money making fight of all time (which it was) that just drew in more buys and more money. People are infactuated with huge sums of money that they know they're not getting and contributing to. They know that that fighter is making a hell of a lot of money and for some reason, the sends us into a frenzy of interest.