The UFC = entertainment business! Don't be naive

This may seem obvious to some but looking at posts in some other threads not obvious to many.

The UFC is in the entertainment business the fights are their method of entertaining.

Exactly the same as a circus has tight rope and clowns, theatre has singing and acting, a comedy show had jokes etc

They make money from viewers, sponsors etc

So when it comes to fighters pay, they pay accordingly to how many people will watch you fight. Not many low pay, high view rate more money. They pay extra for frequent facebook and twitter posters. Fighters who have a following. Makes sense to me.

When they choose who will fight for a title or headline it is based on who they can market the best.

When they pay "...of the night" bonuses it is to encourage and reward exciting fights that will have the people coming back for more. Hence making more money

The rules are regulated for more people to see the fights therefore more money.

If a fighters takes an illegal substance and therefore ruins the nights results then they strip them of awards discouraging others. Creating a legit sport.

Dana and gang are there to make money all decision are based around this.

So please stop being so whinny when Dana makes decisions that doesn't suit everyone. But grows his company. Phone Post 3.0

Ok. Phone Post 3.0

^^ LOL

Naheb - This may seem obvious to some but looking at posts in some other threads not obvious to many.

The UFC is in the entertainment business the fights are their method of entertaining.

Exactly the same as a circus has tight rope and clowns, theatre has singing and acting, a comedy show had jokes etc

They make money from viewers, sponsors etc

So when it comes to fighters pay, they pay accordingly to how many people will watch you fight. Not many low pay, high view rate more money. They pay extra for frequent facebook and twitter posters. Fighters who have a following. Makes sense to me.

When they choose who will fight for a title or headline it is based on who they can market the best.

When they pay "...of the night" bonuses it is to encourage and reward exciting fights that will have the people coming back for more. Hence making more money

The rules are regulated for more people to see the fights therefore more money.

If a fighters takes an illegal substance and therefore ruins the nights results then they strip them of awards discouraging others. Creating a legit sport.

Dana and gang are there to make money all decision are based around this.

So please stop being so whinny when Dana makes decisions that doesn't suit everyone. But grows his company. Phone Post 3.0

So the UFC make money off people watching their show?

MY GOD HE'S RIGHT PEOPLE!!! Phone Post

In OP's defense a lot of fans seem to think the UFC SHOULD be run like the Olympics, if it wasn't for the inconvenient fact it's a business. Fights that excite the fans will often/always trump fighters who deserve to get a shot, yet are unpopular with fans.

DamnSevern -

Hahahaha Phone Post

??????????????????

in shock the dancing horse won. you'd figure his legs would be tired and not able to generate speed like that

DamnSevern -

Awesome Phone Post 3.0

Vote me down all you like but I constantly see posts bitching about pays, fight match ups, how DFW Jr does things in general.

Personally i like what he does Phone Post 3.0

Naheb - Vote me down all you like but I constantly see posts bitching about pays, fight match ups, how DFW Jr does things in general.

I voted you up to offset at least one hater:)

Cindy

In for the horses Phone Post

Every sport where the athletes get paid is really entertainment first and foremost.

The UFC operates like WWE save for working the finishes of fights.

The only difference between WWE and UFC is that the WWE knows who will win every match.

That's it.

The UFC pulling the move of Sonnen-Jones, putting Tate on TUF, etc are pure WWE moves and as legit as Undertaker's WrestleMania streak.

So long as the fights are legit, it's tolerable.

However you needn't think they wouldn't fix a fight if they could.

Every sport would.

The NBA wants the Heat in the finals and the UFC wants Silva, Jones, GSP, Ronda to win.

The NBA doesn't want a 76ers-Warriors final next year any more than Dana wants a Roy Nelson-Dave Herman title fight.

WWE books what they want with a finish in mind.

The UFC and the NBA position things the way they want and hope for a favorable outcome.

It's still sport as long as it's legit but it's only one step away from becoming a complete work. Phone Post

VU and subbed for laughs. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

DamnSevern - 

LOL win

CindyO -
Naheb - Vote me down all you like but I constantly see posts bitching about pays, fight match ups, how DFW Jr does things in general.

I voted you up to offset at least one hater:)

Cindy

Thanks Cindy right back at you Phone Post 3.0

ConditJustGSPeedHisPants - VU and subbed for laughs. Phone Post 3.0
Vu Phone Post 3.0