The UFC won't cut Schaub right?

After the way Rogan roasted him like coffee do you think the UFC might be more inclined to cut Brendan?

I would hope not.

It would be a shame if Rogan jeopardized Schaub's career with his criticism.

Schaub can still compete at a high level, fighting at HW is very risky especially when you're up against a top 5 HW like Travis Browne.

Obviously he needs to improve, but I think Schaub is one of the more interesting personalities it will be especially interesting to see how he can rebound and perform after such a brutal verbal lashing from a respected elder like Rogan.

It was clear Schaub has more fight left in him, but it will be interesting to see how much the UFC is willing to promote a guy that was just told to retire.

Will be interesting that's for sure. You never know with the entertaining business, they're no hold bared when it comes to making money.
I agree with Rogan and take my hat off to the guy for being honest to a guy he loves. I would hope the same in return considering the sport.
In some way I hope this criticisms spurs Brandon on, to prove Joe wrong with that he isn't elite enough to continue in the sport without taking devastating head trauma. Phone Post 3.0

Nah, the UFC always needs middle level HW's, it is one of the thinnest divisions. As long as someone is willing to get punched in the face and can put out a win or two from time to time the UFC won't cut them.

I would cut him. 2-4 in last 6. If he makes it back, good for him. He might need to get cut so he makes the proper changes. Right now he isn't that competitive in the division. Can't keep a guy around just because you like him, he isn't ready to compete with Top 10 guys in the UFC right now. Phone Post 3.0

He needs to get cut. Sometimes that lights a fire that guys need to give them the motivation to improve. Look what happened with lawler. I dont care who you are, you go 2-4 then its time to build yourself back up.

Send him to bellator, he might hang with their top 10-20 Phone Post 3.0

I like Schaub.

I hope he can rebound from this.

Rogan raked the dude over coals. Brendan deserves better friends than that, I don't care if he didn't look that great vs. a top 5 Heavyweight in Travis Browne. Schaub always looked good as a human being around Joe, it was sad to watch someone trample on a guy's ego who works hard and is competitive in his sport like Schaub.

Hopefully the UFC is a little more understanding.

He should want to be. He'd make more money in Bellator by what he said about the Reebok situation by getting his 6 sponsors back and would have a legit shot at a belt, then could use the confidence rebuild to come back to the UFC.

Stea1th -

Frank Mir hasn't won a fight since 2011 and he's still with the UFC. 

Lol @ comparing Mir to Brendan. You should be banned. Phone Post 3.0

ChaosOverkill - 

He should want to be. He'd make more money in Bellator by what he said about the Reebok situation by getting his 6 sponsors back and would have a legit shot at a belt, then could use the confidence rebuild to come back to the UFC.

True.

Brendan can make a million bucks in salary still by fighting in MMA for an extended period of time.

I feel Brendan he said it's easy for Rogan to say just give it up fighting when he has 12 million in the bank.

This is how Brendan makes his living and he seems to make a pretty good living by fighting. It sucks for someone to shit on your livelihood like that...

ChaosOverkill -

This.

A UFC veteran who happens to be a heavy weight can make a nice living out there. Phone Post 3.0

Hikikomori - 
Stea1th -

Frank Mir hasn't won a fight since 2011 and he's still with the UFC. 

Lol @ comparing Mir to Brendan. You should be banned. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think he understood what he was saying.

Frank Mir is a former multiple time UFC Champion who also came back from a horrific femur injury when he crashed his bike.

Anyway he made a fair point, but he was not using a fair comparison to make it.

Schaub complaining about the Reebok deal is what's going to get him cut. Phone Post 3.0

Mir is another Chuck Liddell/Hughes/etc, Not the record or reign length, but the consistent service and champ status. Mir goes out on his or "Dana talk" terms.

The real Q. Is, what will the UFC make of Rogan encouraging guys with a couple of KOs to consider retirement. The UFC NEEDS fighters to put heir brains on the line well into their 30s. I would say with all the notoriety, 90% of fighters will have heard of or listened to the podcast.
Wonder what Dana and Lorenzo made of Joes rant. Phone Post 3.0

Win or lose he'll be cut after his next fight. If they cut him now, it would seem too retaliatory. But he's a goner for saying anything about the Reebok deal. Phone Post 3.0

He does a radio show for fox no way he gets cut. Phone Post 3.0

If you are heavyweight,125 and 135 you can poo on a desk at zuffa and they wont cut you. Divisions are paper thin.
If you are 55/70 or 205 and break wind at zuffa, youre gone. Phone Post 3.0

That was joe's Dana talk to chuck. Brendan is his friend Phone Post 3.0

Yeah that was fucked how Rogan put him on blast.

Schaub is definitely top 20, but will probably never be top 5... Seems like a good dude but like Rogan said, most of these guys have been training since childhood and he's playing catch-up.

Tough spot to be in because he can still beat a lot of guys but will likely never make it over that hump.