The UG has crumbled

Not this shit again.

This is a transitional period that will lead to more growth

I couldn't disagree more. Most old school fans already understand (and will happily tell you) that the sport has peaked and is on the downside of it's "Golden" era. Sure there'll be more fighters, more events, more $ changing hands, but at the end of the day all the heart and soul has been sucked from MMA. That's not coming back because it's not the most profitable business model. Any growth will only be in the wallets of promoters, however the rubes who are willing to pay for the watered down version of the "sport" we have today will fall away and eventually the markets will dry up. Essentially MMA is eating itself and when the fodder they lovingly call "fans" run out, that's a wrap folks.

CRE - Still the best sport in the world by far

Fuck yes.....VU

CRE - Things will get better

Khabib vs. Ferguson, the greatest LW clash ever fell through

GSP vs. Bisping is off

Rousey is gone

MMA's biggest star Conor McGregor is a boxer now

Diaz brothers are in hiatus.

Disappointment in direction.

Everyone clamoring for money fights and looking to be McGregor-lite.

Welterweight is cooked and splintered, nobody knows who the best is anymore.

The Reebok deal has been a source of incessant complaining by fans and fighters.

The fan base being in a state of chaos is simply a reflection of the current state of affairs.

CM Punk was signed.

A massive new TV deal should be in place soon and there's no appropriate representation for the fighters that guarantees they will receive an overdue pay increase across the board.

Tony Ferguson is shelved and disparaged as "a bum" for winning 9 straight @ 155 lbs. despite being one of the best examples of a true fighter in the sport

Mike Goldberg was canned ruthlessly without so much as a sendoff

It's easy to complain as you highlighted OP, but are you sure it's the UG that has crumbled?

This is a transitional period that will lead to more growth, there is going to be some trials and tribulations.

Deal with it.

Take your fuckin medicine OP

CRE - Things will get better

GSP vs. Bisping is off

Rousey is gone

The Reebok deal has been a source of incessant complaining by fans and fighters.

The fan base being in a state of chaos is simply a reflection of the current state of affairs.

CM Punk was signed.

A massive new TV deal should be in place soon and there's no appropriate representation for the fighters that guarantees they will receive an overdue pay increase across the board.

Tony Ferguson is shelved and disparaged as "a bum" for winning 9 straight @ 155 lbs. despite being one of the best examples of a true fighter in the sport

It's easy to complain as you highlighted OP, but are you sure it's the UG that has crumbled?

This is a transitional period that will lead to more growth, there is going to be some trials and tribulations.

Deal with it.

Sounds like a shit show.

fuck the UFC I hope they fail.  WME can suck my pink monkey dick.

As long as CRE keeps on posting rap clips, I'll keep showing up 

From TUF on I tried to save the UG/OG from the hordes of assholes, and idiots with their MMA math, TapOut gear from head to toe, traning UFC, CM Punk will be champ, etc.

But like liberals defending radical Islam. you dumb shits would give me grief for pointing them out with their time stamps. I was trying to defend to purity of the sport and now look what we have.

You made your bed, you can all lie in it. Enjoy your WWE, Reebok, TMZ said "X," Spiderman vs Brock, Floyd Mayweather w/ 6 months sprawl training, Ronda Rousey vs Tyson, etc. threads.

Just remember if you had the foresight I had and joined forces with me, we could have stop the idiot horde from over-running the site.

ausgepicht - From TUF on I tried to save the UG/OG from the hordes of assholes, and idiots with their MMA math, TapOut gear from head to toe, traning UFC, CM Punk will be champ, etc.

But like liberals defending radical Islam. you dumb shits would give me grief for pointing them out with their time stamps. I was trying to defend to purity of the sport and now look what we have.

You made your bed, you can all lie in it. Enjoy your WWE, Reebok, TMZ said "X," Spiderman vs Brock, Floyd Mayweather w/ 6 months sprawl training, Ronda Rousey vs Tyson, etc. threads.

Just remember if you had the foresight I had and joined forces with me, we could have stop the idiot horde from over-running the site.

Cre thumbs up.. all this crying about the end and doom talk is called panic. UG is fine, it's just MMA is a mess right now, and alot of us are transitioning to the OG while it works itself out. Since UFC can't figure out whether they want to be a legitimate sport or a circus event at the moment, many fans are all over the place about their connection to the sport as well. Once they decide to add order back to the title shots and make events have some sense of progression again, fans will come back to talk about it and all will be well. As it stands it makes no sense at all, and watching ppl fight just to watch them fight with no goals is pointless. It doesn't make the fans feel connected to what's going on, and when you lose the fan base you lose the sport.  Why Tony Ferguson hasn't fought for a title yet makes no sense at all.. all these Champs sitting out with convenient injuries is something that should have been addressed a long time ago. You can't allow ppl to stop the show. If a Champ can't defend his belt, strip him. Tough shit.. keep the belt in motion. Stop tying up the sport. That is what's really killing the sport, and also the UG. 

209'd@170 - 
ausgepicht - From TUF on I tried to save the UG/OG from the hordes of assholes, and idiots with their MMA math, TapOut gear from head to toe, traning UFC, CM Punk will be champ, etc.

Lol holy fuck. The ego 

CRE - Some suggestions in good faith:

More awards and bonuses for the fighters. A yearly UFC awards show. A UFC sportsman of the year award for most outstanding contributions to community and fight sport. Newcomer of the year. Fight of the year, submission of the year ETC. Financial bonus for UFC Hall of Famers.

Small likeness fees should be paid to fighters who appear in video games. Gaming systems and the UFC game for all fighters appearing in the game.

Automatic bonus worth 5-10%(?) of show fee for any finish, consider outlawing or actively discourage fighters begging for bonuses.

A measured monthly stipend to be doled out to all active UFC fighters of 3+(?) years in congruence with the new TV rights deal.

A portion of the proceeds for UFC Fight Pass profits that could be dispersed over a variety of potential time frames.

Possibly help established, qualified fighters develop their own brands with unique entrance music/theme songs, this music can be sold on a UFC music album with the featured fighters getting a cut. Not sure how this would work at all, but maybe the UFC can get licensing agreements on behalf of Fighters like Mighty Mouse who use something like Flux Pavilion - I can't stop. Similar to how they made those "NOW that's what I call" mainstream CD mixes. Mighty Mouse also used TI - Go get it, so the UFC could have multiple options to choose from.
Dana needs to hire cre.

Fresh ideas are fresh.

CRE - Things will get better

GSP vs. Bisping is off

Rousey is gone

CM Punk was signed.

Deal with it.
You forgot about all the fake belt and that the rankings are laughable and pointless.

Reebok killed the UG

"You forgot about all the fake belt and that the rankings are laughable and pointless."

I like the interim belts a bit, for instance I do think if Yoel Romero and Robert Whittaker are going to be fighting each other it should be for a belt.

Holloway was getting the shaft, glad that he fought Pettis for a belt.

Khabib/Tony that would have been worthy of a belt too.

But I do understand why people don't like the interim belts.

While I do think the doom-and-gloom in this thread is comically overstated, I gotta say, almost everything CRE suggested would make me feel a lot better about supporting the UFC.

I mean, MMA was already a meatgrinder of a sport with the Fertitta's running things, but now guys coming off of emphatic wins with top-5 talent are being allowed to walk out the door, and that's just insane considering they're built on the perception of the best fighting the best. I gave CRE shit for his Askren fanboyism over the years, but now that they've done it to one of my favorites in Larkin, I totally get it.

take a bump

Whambo - wtf does that faggot insist on holding stipe's belts?

That's what belts are for. Fans and pictures.

Vagine city.  Pooosies of giant proportions !!!