The UG was created in 1998

Whatever happened to that SubFighter.com website?

It links to a JiuJitsu site today but it used to be an MMA News Site and Forum around 20 or so years ago

It’s for sale.Chris was going to buy it for nostalgia reasons,but they were asking too much money.

1 Like

I remember when kirik used to talk to us peasants. Now he’s a full time baller. Showing all the ladies his new website.

I had him over to my house thanks to Hong Kong Phooey. He was even more impressive in real life.

1 Like

Yes,Kirik has rode off into the sunset.

1 Like

Interesting. That would be cool if someone revived it. Do you know what the story was behind it going away or when it changed to what it is today? It used to be another fun site and forum I used to post there when I was still just a lurker here.

I met him twice at Mr.Zipplokk tailgate parties.

Incidentally, that’s the same year it was last updated

Was he a ladies man? Kirik was our chuck norris.

It started out submissionfighting.com,than switched to mixedmartialarts.com,then switched to mma.tv & now back to mixedmartialarts.com.

Kirik changed submissionfighting.com,because people like his mother thought it had to do with S&M in sex.

2 Likes

My first account was 2007 and they banned me in 2017 for talking about jews then their registration system broke for 3 fucking years so here we are.

This site could be way more than it is and its a damn shame passionate fans arent running it.

True story.The first time that I met SPK it was at Zippy’s tailgate.The first thing I asked SPK was what zone was he in & SPK said that he was in code orange.No bullshit.That was my first words to SPK.

3 Likes

Sorry I should’ve been more specific I meant the story of the SubFighter.com site and when or why it changed from an MMA Site/Forum to whatever it is now

I don’t know anything about subfighter.com.

Sorry.

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

No worries It’s strange it was like it was wiped off the Internet. All I can find are just some old sherdog search results showing people asking about what happened to it. The other results aren’t related.

That site used to have a great collection of videos and highlights too. I still have some on a hard drive somewhere. It’s kind of funny and I’m sure you guys remember but highlight videos were really a huge part of that era. They helped spread the sport online greatly.

1 Like

Any chance that you remember the Combat List or the website House of Pain?

The House of Pain also had a forum.It’s where I met my tape trading buddy.

They sound familiar but I wasn’t on those forums

1 Like