The Ultimate FIghter 7 ????

Can't wait.

heavies needs to be a little deeper

I promise there will be a heavy weight most likely coupled with middle weight.

I was thinking after watching the TUF finale that the UFC must be getting cheap..

they only had one weight class so they only had to give out one contract.

I thought the fighters from previous years got $100K + Xyience contract + a watch + a car..

this time it was no Xyience or car..

I would love to try out for that

who would coach a heavyweight TUF? no one that speaks clear enough english is actually in the heavyweight class who hasn't already been a coach.

they are too recently of pride decent. that would glorify pride too much for dana to allow that to happen

No heavyweights please! That equals bad TV IMO. 205ers and 185ers need more depth in the division, Plus the fights tend to be a little more exciting.

If you can manage to put together 16 exciting heavyweights, by all means....do it.

155 and 170 are pretty loaded divisons right now.

Heavys are definitely eneded, but an all heavyweight TUF would probably have some bad ratings.

fedor is too recently of pride sadly. and his english isn't 100%.

they would have to pay randy too much I think. Plus that would put randy against fedor at the end of the season which would be too quick for the ufc to capitalize on it.

"205ers and 185ers need more depth in the division"

are you serious?

Nog, shogun, hendo, wanderlei, chuck, randy, and jackson isn't deep enough?

"bad ratings"

as opposed to the last two? I agree that some out of shape heavies don't need to be in there but some undercarded heavies that are of great cardio who are fast and capable on the ground. that would be excellent. I don't think we need slobberknockers though.

I ain't saying they get great ratings now, but the casual fan is always bitching about heavyweights, you hear it all the time.

Wes, do they have all those guys signed right now? Also, how many of thiose guys have we seen fight each other??? Most of them. I'd like to see some of the newer talent worked their way up and fight some of those guys when the time is right.

TUF isn't always about getting the best fighters, it is more about getting the most marketable fighters. Hell, some of the guys who have lost on TUF have gone on to have more succesful careers and more fights/wins than the TUF champs. But, you have to be able to build guys up. The true fans and fighters will always know who the great fighters are and who the hype is, but it is needed. Otherwise we'll just keep watching Rampage Vs Wand or Chuck vs Randy over and over again. These guys have been around a while and some of them won't be fighting more than a few more years (Wand comes to mind, as he has definitely hit a road bump lately) Anwyway, you gotta keep the new guys coming in, fighting and winning so that you have at least the appearance of worthy opponents for these guys. As great as Pride is/was...half of the fights are really unecessary. Rather than seeing those guys fight some can, I'd like to see a deep, deep pool of talent. Just my opinion, though.

yeah they are all signed because their contracts were owned by pride.

and yeah you are right about bringing in new guys but before you start bringing in new guys you need to focus on building up your already weak divisions. there isn't even a 145 division in existence. Right now mma fans are happy to keep watching wand vs rampage or shogun vs hendo but they are not wanting to see arlovski vs sylvia 4.

I have to admit, I'd watch an all women's TUF.

Also just a side note as far a 145 goes, I think that 135 and 145 should
merge and become a 140 division. Most of the other divisions are 15lbs
in between. This would create a larger talent pool and then we only need
one more division. If we add 145, eventually people will want to see 135.

Make a 140 division and make the 140 TUF.

wow an all women's TUF could be interesting and it would have amazing ratings I think.

between perverts, women's libs, bodykes, people new to the sport, and men who aren't accustomed to women's mma it would be outstanding I think.

Plus it would raise the ratings for future seasons that may not have had as high of ratings.

It could be picked up by WE lifetime and oxygen as well as spike

"this time it was no Xyience or car"

pretty soon there will be no xyience, period.

Although I've only had 4 fights, I'd love to try out for a HW TUF

Miguel Torres would be a shoe in for 145.

i like the idea of bringing back 2 weight classes on the show and the idea of going international. how about combining the 2 and having a 145lb and 185lb class but also bringing in some talent from brazil, japan, europe, etc.