The Ultimate Geek Room

Let's say you had around a $500,000 budget to create the Ultimate Geek room for you and your friends. What would be in there? How would you arrange it?

Let's say you had around a $500,000 budget to create the Ultimate Geek room for you and your friends. What would be in there? How would you arrange it?

It wouldn't be a geek room, it would be a geek house.

One room would have comics and trade paperbacks, with various comic book figures all around. Of course, the room would have to be temperature controlled for the more valuable comics.

One room would have full-sized arcade games. I'd have a mix of old school stuff (anyone remember Gorf?) with the latest and greatest that just came out.

One room would have a state of the art home theater with a fucking huge collection of fantasy/sci-fi/hong kong and anime dvds, both theatrical releases and tv series (and for convenience, I'd keep other, lesser types of dvds in there as well...)

One room would have a killer computer set up. After all, I need a great rig to surf the GG. Another computer would be reserved for various inventory programs so I could keep track of my comics and dvds.

If, by some miracle, this still hasn't exhausted the $500,000, I'd probably give this D&D thing that some of you have been mentioning a try.....

You're a mod on the geekground and you haven't earned your D&D badge yet? Tsk Tsk!

You're a mod on the geekground and you haven't earned your D&D badge yet? Tsk Tsk!

...well, if everyone contributes and I get $500,000....

Hmmm...I would add to that the perfect gaming table/grid board.

A display case for miniatures and dice....

Since I am also an electronics/robotics geek...I'd have my own electronics workshop area, with top o' the line equipment.

I would also to like to have my own library, with mini-bar, cigar humidor and a FIRST edition copy of The Hobbit encased in its own special case.

Recreates Star Wars cantina with statues of all the characters.

Recreates Star Wars cantina with statues of all the characters.

That's a great idea and would be seriously cool.

oh man.. give me a little time to think about this..

i would never do that with 500k.