The US & its people seem kind of run down vs. Can

I'm not saying everywhere in the US, and every person, but on average the place is run down compared to Canada.

More garbage in the streets, bums, run down buildings, crime, obese people, unattractive people, run down streets, highways and roadways.

Lived in both countries just my observations.

Strange because there is so much propoganda about how great the US is, but I think the power they have is mostly from their military. The living standards themselves not so hot.

This thread will go well.

flyingoctoplata -

I'm not saying everywhere in the US, and every person, but on average the place is run down compared to Canada.

More garbage in the streets, bums, run down buildings, crime, obese people, unattractive people, run down streets, highways and roadways.

Strange because there is so much propoganda about how great the US is, but I think the power they have is mostly from their military. The living standards themselves not so hot.

It might be the cities you're comparing, could also be a demography problem, Canada is white, chinese and indian. USA is white, black and hispanic. Not sure if that makes a difference.

The thing about Canadians though, is that they mostly think they're the politest most friendly people on the planet.

Not only that but they also have the idea that Canada has more natural beauty than anywhere else too. 

This is coming from a very grateful Canadian immigrant (citizen) who wouldn't want to live anywhere other than where I do now. 

We are dirty mother truckers but nothing compared to non western countries.

It’s a population thing, US has way more people therefore the sheer amount of shitty/trashy people is higher

Come down from your shithole of Winnipeg to Fargo/Minnesota. See which is nicer

tonyromosbackspasm -

It’s a population thing, US has way more people therefore the sheer amount of shitty/trashy people is higher

Yeah...and it’s not any better with all of the “cultural” changes. 

flyingoctoplata -

I was just in Toronto for the first time and it's a nice city but kind of boring.  I did not see any hot chicks that I can remember and the homeless didn't bother me but they were out of control.  The subway was very nice and quiet though.  

tonyromosbackspasm -

Don't think it's that as  most large German and French cities are cleaner. It's lower social and municipal spending that makes the difference. 

Im Canadian. What in the fuck are you talking aboot OP? You must be from Ontario or BC.

American roads and highways are soooo much better than the ones in Canada. And I for sure have been on more than you. Canadas obesity rate is 29%, so only 2% less than america. There are more attractive people in america based on pure numbers. Their population of attractive women is probably equivilant to 1/3 or 1/2 the population of our entire country. They have more homless people, yes. Have you looked outside? If I was homless I would choose california over canadian winter too. 

Canada is a more beautiful country though.  

fuzzislipperz -

Canada has an immigration rate more than 2x higher than USA.

what culture do you speak of?

canadians are less racist. More accepting, nicer people in general.

I’ve lived in both countries and CA is by far better IMO.

montreal has the hottest chicks in the entire world.

we just legalized weed. 

Barely anyone shoots eachother.

Tax is high but we have healthy insurance.

Pedro Navaja - 
fuzzislipperz -

we just legalized weed. 

So go and stay there

Dean Machine -

The thing about Canadians though, is that they mostly think they're the politest most friendly people on the planet.

Not only that but they also have the idea that Canada has more natural beauty than anywhere else too. 

This is coming from a very grateful Canadian immigrant (citizen) who wouldn't want to live anywhere other than where I do now. 

At least we're polite enough not to go to live in another persons country and complain about the way we think the actual citizens should behave, and insult their views of the world and their country. You're welcome for a place to live you ungrateful asshole. 

True story. I was at a conference in Montreal. I was chatting with somebody who kept telling me all the ways that the US tries to control them, etc. Very negative. My comeback was long and drawn out, with me getting the person to agree that they think negative stuff about the US quite often. My closing statement was that I'd never really thought about Canada until visiting, and that hardly anybody in the US ever thinks about Canada period. It's like a NPC.

My main thought about Canada is that they make it really easy for people to immigrate there because they need more people in their frozen tundra. Unfortunately, most people immigrate there with the intention of eventually making it to that hell hole known as the USA. It's much easier to get to the US as a Canadian.

Wanderpage -
Dean Machine -

At least we're polite enough not to go to live in another persons country and complain about the way we think the actual citizens should behave, and insult their views of the world and their country. You're welcome for a place to live you ungrateful asshole. 

I also forgot to mention how sensitive and easily offended most Canadians are. Younger ones for the most part that is. 

But don't get me wrong, I appreciate you allowing me to live in your country big guy. 

Pedro Navaja -
fuzzislipperz -

we just legalized weed. 

Weird you say that as just yesterday, Toronto set a new record for homicides in a calendar year.