The Walking Dead video games(Telltale)

Anyone play these? Do you like them?

I asked a group on fb earlier. I didn't get many replies, but the ones I got were really positive. So, I bought season 1 for $25. I've only been playing for like 20 minutes and I'm already thinking maybe I made a mistake.

I like the look of it, graphics and what not, but do you pretty much just watch a story and press a few buttons? Or does the pace pick up and you get more control?

You watch the story , choose dialogue options, and sometime respond to QTE's. Some of these choices you make will influence the story and how it plays out. I really enjoyed the first two seasons but I own them all .

EDIT: You do move around and have to find things sometimes by the way but the main thing is you are changing how the story plays out. 

P.S. Careful reading about the game some big spoilers are around .

I played through season 1 a while back and while the story is pretty good (if you like zombie stuff anyway) there ends up being barely any actual gameplay. It's more like a choose your own adventure book that you watch via a video game. 

That's what I was afraid of. I'll probably play through it, but I would've spent the time/money on something different if I had known. None of them mentioned that to me and for some reason I did zero research beyond that.

kingofpancakes80 - That's what I was afraid of. I'll probably play through it, but I would've spent the time/money on something different if I had known. None of them mentioned that to me and for some reason I did zero research beyond that.

Good story if you are into it. From now on though know that most telltale games are that sort of story driven , choose your path games. They have a ton of them.

All of the Telltale Games are interactive stories, they are not action games. If you feel like watching a movie that you have control over then you're golden, if you're looking for a Walking Dead game in similar style to Dead Rising then Telltale's stories won't satisfy

I liked them!

Episode 2 is the free game on XBox Gold this month

I'm definitely gonna give it a chance. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

I got all excited before I even started it...Season 2 is free with gold. I thought I struck a goldmine.

Season 1 and 2 were really good, I lost interest after that though. The stories in the first couple were better than the tv series

The beginning of Season 1 in the car and right after the crash, you have little control, but that's in part because they're teaching you the controls (which frankly I feel they needed to do more of, they are mostly easy but there are some tests strewn around that aren't well explained and can be frustrating) so if you're still in the beginning, you do get to walk around and look at stuff like a typical adventure game later

But, the action scenes tend to be locked into fairly simple rhythm game/aiming/reflex/button mashing tests. It never plays like a first person shooter or even a third person shooter really. All Telltale games are heavily story-based, about the dialog choices and consequences rather than player physical skills. They are more like a choose your own adventure book than GTA4.

BaldTony - Episode 2 is the free game on XBox Gold this month
Yeah I've been playing this. It randomized my season 1 events and decisions. It's pretty fun. My little girl character is an ice cold savage.