The War Z

Anyone play this? It's on steam for $13 is that worth it?

Yes, it's really fun and that's a great deal. Let me know if you get it, I'll give you my teamspeak info. Phone Post

I play. Been slacking lately because most of the people I played with have been busy and I don't wanna lose my good gear to some ass. I would be up for playing on a team. Phone Post

Top 5 worse games ever played Phone Post

Adam
Care to elaborate on why it's so bad?

Langolier and MMArijuanna

Is it worth playing even if I can't manage to play with you guys all the time? My schedule is weird due to work and jiu jitsu. But I'd certainly be down to play with you guys.

Yeah, dude. When ever you're available, there is usually someone on my teamspeak server.

The game is technically still beta, I believe. It's not done, not by a long shot. They are adding stuff all the time.

For that price though, it's a steal. I paid $30 two months ago.

My server, ts22.Gamespeak.com:9204

OGers are welcome. Phone Post

Cool I'll pick it up. Thanks dude!

odennis - Adam
Care to elaborate on why it's so bad?

Langolier and MMArijuanna

Is it worth playing even if I can't manage to play with you guys all the time? My schedule is weird due to work and jiu jitsu. But I'd certainly be down to play with you guys.

Go on any forum.... It's a scam..... Lies and features aren't even in game Phone Post

Plus it blows dick Phone Post

Save your money trust me Phone Post

Lol Phone Post

Fact of the matter is they promise all these features that won't make it into game... They are catching flak on steam right now because their page shows a bunch of features not in game ....... I got hopes for dayz standalone but save your money on this one Phone Post

The War Z Team Offers A Defense
I reached out to Hammerpoint Interactive, the folks behind The War Z, to get their side of the story. In an e-mail, Hammerpoint general manager Sergey Titov told me that he sees the complainers as a vocal minority. (We've cleaned up his e-mails for grammatical errors.)

"We're constantly running surveys to ask our players what they think – how we're doing," Titov said. "As of right now over 93% of our customers like the game, with over 40% saying it's perfect and around 50% saying it's good, but they'd like to see more polishing and features. Yet, 4% don't like the game and decided not to play it, and 3% hate the game... My point is that absolute majority of our players are supporting us, yet, yes, players who don't like the game will be very vocal about it."

Titov also responded to a few specific complaints from the Reddit image:

On the game not being listed as Alpha or Beta: "Because it's not an Alpha or Beta. We've launched 'Foundation Release' for Steam on Monday (see attached press release)."

On the missing hardcore mode: "There's a hardcore mode that you can select when you launch the game, yet most of the players are not using it. Single biggest difference between Normal and Hardcore is that once you die in Hardcore, your character won't be revived and will be lost (permadeath)."

On the lack of promised private servers or skills: "We're updating our Steam page to provide more information on this, but basically both features are coming soon.

"First thing players will get is private server rentals. They'll be able to rent both public and private (password-protected) servers – both Gameworld (ie Colorado map) and Strongholds (smaller maps that basically allow them to use those servers as "home base").

"Our plan was to launch server rentals around the end of December-early January and we're still on track to do that.

"And we're testing skills right now with small select group of players. As soon as everyone is satisfied with balance and design, we'll push it public. I honestly can't give a solid timeframe for this to happen, since it largely depends on how our player community reacts on our initial version of the skill tree."

On Reddit's claim that there's only one map, and that it's 72km: "The Colorado map, our first map to be released, is over 100 square kilometers."

On the max server limit being 50 rather than the promised 100: "I don't see 'LIE' in saying 'up to 100 players per sever' and having the current limit at 50 players. We've just lowered the number of players per map down from 70 based on requests and votes from our players. Ie - we've had 70 players per server - which was what we felt was the 'comfort level' for this map, but when we asked our players about it, the majority voted for 50 slots per server. So we did exactly what our community and our players asked us for."

I looked at the trailers, the graphics look about 5 years old. No thanks.

They can say whatever they want they have lied repeatedly. Bad business I got a refunx Phone Post

Ign just did article on scam Phone Post

If you're interested in something like this, why don't you check out what they ripped off of? DayZ and they are soon releasing a stand alone version so you do not need to purchase Arma Comined ops. It'll be worth the wait. Phone Post

Bryce14 - If you're interested in something like this, why don't you check out what they ripped off of? DayZ and they are soon releasing a stand alone version so you do not need to purchase Arma Comined ops. It'll be worth the wait. Phone Post

I agree it's just crazy how these scumbags are top selling game on steam right now Phone Post

Now I don't know what to do. 13 bucks isnt a big deal but if Day Z is coming out with a proper release I might just wait.

So wait, the whole game is some kind of scam?