The way to beat Fedor

concentrate on cutting him with elbows

concentrate on cutting him with elbows

So Kenny Florian has a great chance?

Your going to have to come up with something a little more comprehensive

that shit dont get old, ever!

^LOL

lol

After studying him for years Im convinced that someone would have to have the composure to not get overwhelming as he swings wildly at you. Pick your shots and counter him right down the pipe. Once he's hurt dont go nuts swarming him. Maintain your pressure and keep it on the feet.

When he goes for his clinches you gotta pull the trigger with uppercuts or knees.

I dont know anyone whos got the overall ground package to beat him. His top game is too good with sub defense and GnP. Someone good enough to keep him on bottom isnt likely to have the submissions skill to finish him.

Obviously this is all easier said than done but thats my bet on how it would go down if I was told Fedor lost.

1 Someone with a shitload of boxing exp who isnt flustered by aggressive brawling. Great composure.

2 Decent enough takedown defense to be able to strike as he closes the gap and still make him have to work for the takedownss.

3 OR someone with the wrestling to get him down but also the finishing skills to put him away. He is cool as a cucumber and almost impossible to control for the entire fight.

people keep saying this but I'm not buying it

fedor has been stopped by a cut once(twice if you count with big nog)

the only time fedor is on the bottom is with wrestler, minus a huge hunt

elbows are actually to fedor's advantage

fedor will tear people up in the UFC utilizing the elbow

"It's not nice to delete people's posts, Mr. Brown."

Not me.

with over 58,000 posts I don't see how this guy can be wrong

ttt

He can't be beat. Accept it.

The way to beat Fedor is similar to the way he beat the two best opponents he faced: by decision. Take a top level wrestler with a considerable size advantage and solid submission defense (someone like Rulon Gardner or Brock Lesnar, with more MMA training), and make sure he doesn't try anything stupid, just take Fedor down and blanket him. It won't look pretty, but it'll get the job done.

"He can't be beat. Accept it. "

Thats nonsense.

As a human being he can be defeated. Whether he will or not is certainly debatable. But he can be hit hard enough to get knocked out and can be caught in a choke or joint lock.

He may be the first big name MMA fighter to retire undefeated for all practical purposes.

The way to beat Fedor........I thought it was straight forward.

Electro Magnetic Pulse, short circuit his wires, beatable everytime.

you have to take his back and hit that button that deactivates him, the same way with Lt. Commander Data

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thats flippin hilarious one round brown!

After studying him for years Im convinced that someone would have to have the composure to not get overwhelming as he swings wildly at you. Pick your shots and counter him right down the pipe. Once he's hurt dont go nuts swarming him. Maintain your pressure and keep it on the feet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you're right.  If you had a very high level boxer or kickboxer who was used to getting punched he would probably be able to maintain his composure when Fedor attacked wildly.  Then if that very high level boxer or kickboxer had very good counter skills he could pick Fedor apart as he attacked.  Yeah, then as long as he didn't spaz out when he hurt Fedor he could continue this plan.

Wait, Cro-Cop is a very high level Kickboxer.  He is a great counter puncher.  He doesn't spaz out and lose it when he hurts a guy; he is a very efficient finisher.  PLUS he has great takedown defense.  All that being said, Fedor beat him up in the standup.

Samoa.

I think once he's in the UFC, the elbows will make him that much more
dangerous in the guard and in side control.

He's still as unbeatable as ever. I don't see any HWs in the world beating
him at this point.