The We're Not Russian invasion

TTT Phone Post 3.0

I love it when americans have a conversation about either race or geography. It really shows how ignorant about the world they are.

I don't know much about Dagestan but I know a lot about Chechnya. I have a few Chechen and Russian friends and in general they hate Russians, but might not be hostile if the Russian accepts his place amongst them (the beta and makes sure he doesn't offend them). A lot of people in Russia are scared of Chechens, mainly due to their fierce reputation. They are sometimes referred to as the toughest race alive.

Don't call Chechens Russians, they are very VERY different to each other. For example one is Muslim and the other is Christian/Catholic/Atheist. I've read some interesting stories about Chechens. People from Uzbekistan/Tajikistan etc would lie saying their Chechens to scare people off in the area during war times. After all, this ridiculously tiny nation humiliated an entire Russian superpower in the first war, they slaughtered the Russian army. Some intelligent people have written a lot of intriguing things about Chechens, mainly Russians in fact.

"But there was one nation which would not give in, would not acquire the mental habits of submission - and not just individual rebels among them, but the whole nation to a man. These were the Chechens…" - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"They respected only rebels. And here is an extraordinary thing – everyone was afraid of them. No one could stop them from living as they did. The regime which had ruled the land for thirty years could not force them to respect its laws." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"Their god is freedom, their law is war." - Mikhail Lermontov

"Man has conquered everything and destroyed millions of plants, yet this one won't submit." - Leo Tolstoy comparing the Thistle plant to a Chechen

"According to the Chechen ethos, the wolf is the only animal that would enter into an unequal match, making up for any disadvantage by its agility, wit, courage and tenacity. If it loses the battle, it lies down facing the foe in fullacceptance of its fate—Chechen poise equivalent to the famed British ‘stiff upper lip’."

thegoldenboy - I don't know much about Dagestan but I know a lot about Chechnya. I have a few Chechen and Russian friends and in general they hate Russians, but might not be hostile if the Russian accepts his place amongst them (the beta and makes sure he doesn't offend them). A lot of people in Russia are scared of Chechens, mainly due to their fierce reputation. They are sometimes referred to as the toughest race alive.

Don't call Chechens Russians, they are very VERY different to each other. For example one is Muslim and the other is Christian/Catholic/Atheist. I've read some interesting stories about Chechens. People from Uzbekistan/Tajikistan etc would lie saying their Chechens to scare people off in the area during war times. After all, this ridiculously tiny nation humiliated an entire Russian superpower in the first war, they slaughtered the Russian army. Some intelligent people have written a lot of intriguing things about Chechens, mainly Russians in fact.

"But there was one nation which would not give in, would not acquire the mental habits of submission - and not just individual rebels among them, but the whole nation to a man. These were the Chechens…" - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"They respected only rebels. And here is an extraordinary thing – everyone was afraid of them. No one could stop them from living as they did. The regime which had ruled the land for thirty years could not force them to respect its laws." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"Their god is freedom, their law is war." - Mikhail Lermontov

"Man has conquered everything and destroyed millions of plants, yet this one won't submit." - Leo Tolstoy comparing the Thistle plant to a Chechen

"According to the Chechen ethos, the wolf is the only animal that would enter into an unequal match, making up for any disadvantage by its agility, wit, courage and tenacity. If it loses the battle, it lies down facing the foe in fullacceptance of its fate—Chechen poise equivalent to the famed British ‘stiff upper lip’."
"Don't make no difference to me."
-Mericans Phone Post 3.0

This whole topic reminds me of the episode of King Of The Hill where Khan and his family move into the neighborhood.

Hank: Eh-heh, heh... so, are you Chinese or Japanese? Khan explains that he's Korean, and gives the guys more insight as to what his home country was like. After he finishes telling his whole story, Hank responds "...Oh. So... are ya Chinese, or Japanese?"

Lol. That show illustrated a lot of American silliness before it became stereotypical American silliness. Phone Post 3.0

Wasa-B - 
Osbot - It is not incorrect to call them Russian. Russian is a nationality, they are Russian in that they are citizens of Russia.

It is incorrect to say they are not Russian. The best parallel would be Canada at this point I suppose. Calling someone from Nunavut Canadian is correct. They are Canadian, but they are also Nunavutquim or something like that too.

So they are Dagestani(I think that would be the correct adjective) but they are also Russian. They are both.

It's like saying A New Yorker is NOT American. They are American, and they are a New Yorker. It's just nit picking.

It's not nit picking, you're just ignorant.

No, it isn't wrong. Dagestan is part of Russia. It is within the borders of Russia. Anyone who lives within a state can be correctly addressed by the adjective which describes the citizens of said state.

You're just not intelligent enough to differentiate between the ethnic and national difference here. Ethnically they are not Russian, nationally they are.

They can say they are not "Russian" till they are blue in the face, that doesn't make it true.

My analogies were absolutely correct. Don't let your ass bleed over PC retardation bud. It doesn't matter if they don't like Russia much, or if there is a history of violence oppression or any other strife. It is absolutely, unequivocally correct to call someone who is a citizen of a state by that that states adjective.

Again, just because you are ignorant and don't understand the difference between calling someone ethnically russian or nationally russian well, go back to school. You're hopeless.

whoabro - 
Osbot - It is not incorrect to call them Russian. Russian is a nationality, they are Russian in that they are citizens of Russia.

It is incorrect to say they are not Russian. The best parallel would be Canada at this point I suppose. Calling someone from Nunavut Canadian is correct. They are Canadian, but they are also Nunavutquim or something like that too.

So they are Dagestani(I think that would be the correct adjective) but they are also Russian. They are both.

It's like saying A New Yorker is NOT American. They are American, and they are a New Yorker. It's just nit picking.
Wrong.

they are not russian by choice. Phone Post 3.0

What difference does that make? It has fuck and all to do with it.

There are millions of people all over the world who are citizens of a nation against their will, they are still citizens of that state and can properly be addressed as citizens of that state.

Kurds in Iraq are still Iraqi. Kurds in Turkey are still Turkish. Ethnic Vietnamese living in China are CHINESE nationally and Viet Namese ETHNICALLY.

Turks living in Germany are GERMANS Nationally and Turkish ETHNICALLY.

Dagestani living in Russia are RUSSIANS Nationally and one possibly one of a dozen or so Turkic ethnic groups. (pro-tip, there is a difference between Turkic and Turkish). Turkish are Turkic but Turkic is not Turkish.

You fellas should educate yourselves a little more before you say someone is wrong or in the case of the other 'tard calls someone ignorant.

Ryan Black - This whole topic reminds me of the episode of King Of The Hill where Khan and his family move into the neighborhood.

Hank: Eh-heh, heh... so, are you Chinese or Japanese? Khan explains that he's Korean, and gives the guys more insight as to what his home country was like. After he finishes telling his whole story, Hank responds "...Oh. So... are ya Chinese, or Japanese?"

Lol. That show illustrated a lot of American silliness before it became stereotypical American silliness. Phone Post 3.0
Wrong. Khan says he is laocian. To which bill responds "what ocean?"
So Khan says "no, laocian we're from Laos, its a small land locked country in southeast Asia"
THEN bill says "so are you Chinese or Japanese?" Phone Post 3.0

Perhaps a little off topic but....How did so many different cultures and philosophical differences come out of 1 area to the point where they hate those people over the hill and vice versa?

cheesesteak - Perhaps a little off topic but....How did so many different cultures and philosophical differences come out of 1 area to the point where they hate those people over the hill and vice versa?

this is the way it's always been all over the world

look at all the tribes in the UK who hated each other and were always killing each other as well as all the different cultures, languages and tribes

Isn't Fedor an ethnic Ukranian?

If he's an ethnic Russian, why does he have a Ukranian surname?

Osbot - 
whoabro - 
Osbot - It is not incorrect to call them Russian. Russian is a nationality, they are Russian in that they are citizens of Russia.

Wrong.

they are not russian by choice. Phone Post 3.0

What difference does that make? It has fuck and all to do with it.

There are millions of people all over the world who are citizens of a nation against their will, they are still citizens of that state and can properly be addressed as citizens of that state.

Kurds in Iraq are still Iraqi. Kurds in Turkey are still Turkish. Ethnic Vietnamese living in China are CHINESE nationally and Viet Namese ETHNICALLY.

Turks living in Germany are GERMANS Nationally and Turkish ETHNICALLY.

Dagestani living in Russia are RUSSIANS Nationally and one possibly one of a dozen or so Turkic ethnic groups. (pro-tip, there is a difference between Turkic and Turkish). Turkish are Turkic but Turkic is not Turkish.

You fellas should educate yourselves a little more before you say someone is wrong or in the case of the other 'tard calls someone ignorant.

While you are technically correct of course, you don't understand how these people would want to NOT be identified by their conquerors? And let's face it, ethnic identification usually trumps national one.

what about those dirty Armenians?

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
Phisher - 

If he's an ethnic Russian, why does he have a Ukranian surname?

While it is a Ukrainian surname, the Russian, Ukrainian, and Belorussian cultures are so tightly intervowen that it's impossible to judge ones ethnicity by their last name alone.

He self-identifies as Russian (Russkiy, not just Rossiyanin) so I will take his word for it.

Fair enough.

Osbot - 
Wasa-B - 
Osbot - It is not incorrect to call them Russian. Russian is a nationality, they are Russian in that they are citizens of Russia.

It's not nit picking, you're just ignorant.

No, it isn't wrong. Dagestan is part of Russia. It is within the borders of Russia. Anyone who lives within a state can be correctly addressed by the adjective which describes the citizens of said state.

You're just not intelligent enough to differentiate between the ethnic and national difference here. Ethnically they are not Russian, nationally they are.

They can say they are not "Russian" till they are blue in the face, that doesn't make it true.

My analogies were absolutely correct. Don't let your ass bleed over PC retardation bud. It doesn't matter if they don't like Russia much, or if there is a history of violence oppression or any other strife. It is absolutely, unequivocally correct to call someone who is a citizen of a state by that that states adjective.

Again, just because you are ignorant and don't understand the difference between calling someone ethnically russian or nationally russian well, go back to school. You're hopeless.

I think you just illustrated exactly why its not nit picking. I think you also illustrated that you get upset rather easily.