The Windows 8 tablet we've been waiting for?

I know there are a lot of Windows haters on here and a lot of Android and Apple fanboys.  I'm a fanboy of technology and I chastise companies equally and praise them equally.  

In any case, I've owned an iPad and an Android tablet and both were good, but I decided to buy a Lenovo Lynx Windows 8 (not that RT shit) tablet and I love it.  I can run both tablet apps and full Windows x86 apps, and I use it for everything from work to streaming on XBMC, Photoshop, etc.  That said, it wasn't exactly a spec powerhouse.  Now Lenovo is releasing the following Windows 8 tablet that I think is going to be killer.

from:  http://www.slashgear.com/lenovo-miix2-windows-8-1-tablet-brings-quad-core-bay-trail-processor-and-ips-display-16301703/

Lenovo has taken the wraps off its latest tablet, the Miix2 8-inch slate. With the tablet comes a quad-core processor and a wide-angle IPS display, as well as Windows 8.1 and an optional stylus. This is one of several devices running Intel Bay Trail processors that will surface over the coming weeks, bringing with it a moderate price tag of $299 USD.

In addition to the quad-core Bay Trail processor, the tablet features Intel HD Graphics alongside Clear Video HD technology and 128GB of internal storage space (microSD expansion slot also available). The display measures in at 8-inches, and has a moderate resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels with 10-point multi-touch support.

The front of the device is equipped with a 2-megapixel camera, while around back there is a 5-megapixel camera. In addition to the Windows 8.1 OS, the tablet is also preloaded with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 software. Both a stylus and cover are being offered as optional accessories. The tablet will be available later on this month.

---------------------------------

Full Windows 8 in a quad-core bay trail processor, with 128 GB of storage and an IPS display by default for $299?  This is an absolute steal!

Just a head's up in case you are in the market for a tablet.

$299 is an awesome deal.

Cool...I have been in search of a good tablet option for work for sales staff and have been hesitant to rebuild our whole operating system in IOS or Android...this could be an interesting option. 

I don't think anybody has been waiting for a windows tablet. Phone Post

Not looking forward to Windows 8 anything.

Is it full windows 8 os or is it dumbed down Phone Post

Sounds good for that price but I'm trading in my rooted Amazon HD 8.9 for the HDX. Phone Post

PUBLICnoose - 

Is it full windows 8 os or is it dumbed down Phone Post

Full Windows 8

xNate - 

Don't knock it till you try it dude. Windows 8 is retarded on a desktop but absolutely fantastic on a tablet.  And if you want to run Android apps, because it is running full Windows 8, not that crappy RT, you can run Bluestacks on it and have the best of two of the three worlds.. hell, you can even install VMWare and run OSX if you so desire.

Windows 8 is actually pretty goddamned good on a tablet. I can't imagine using on a non touchscreen though.

I've been on Win8 for six months. Not a fan at all. Still waiting on 8.1 release

for later

Can't stand Win 8 on a desktop but I'd give a tablet a try if my Galaxy shits on itself anytime soon. Phone Post

The pad form factor makes it ideal for basic media consumption tasks. I still prefer using a laptop for work that requires a lot of typing. Microsoft product is a duck. It can fly, swim, or even "sing" like other birds but it does it all pretty mediocre. Phone Post 3.0

Resolution is a little weak on that device, 1200x800 is what tablets were running 2 years ago. New Nexus 7 is running 1920x1200 for example.

Granpa -
xNate - 

Don't knock it till you try it dude. Windows 8 is retarded on a desktop but absolutely fantastic on a tablet.  And if you want to run Android apps, because it is running full Windows 8, not that crappy RT, you can run Bluestacks on it and have the best of two of the three worlds.. hell, you can even install VMWare and run OSX if you so desire.

The pad form factor wasn't designed for desktop apps and although it's possible, it's not ideal. Your scenario of running OS X inside of VMware would run like shit if at all. You can do the same thing with VNC to manage the screen of OS X but you'll quickly figure out that it sucks for it. Running OS X in VMWare would also require a decent amount of RAM. Phone Post 3.0

bryanand - Resolution is a little weak on that device, 1200x800 is what tablets were running 2 years ago. New Nexus 7 is running 1920x1200 for example.

It's an 8 inch device, you really don't need higher resolutions and going by the hands-on accounts I've seen, they call the screen "gorgeous".

Also, the processor on it looks like it absolutely destroys the fastest Qualcom processor http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/07/08/intel-bay-trail-smokes-the-quad-core-competition.aspx

warez - 
Granpa -
xNate - 

The pad form factor wasn't designed for desktop apps and although it's possible, it's not ideal. Your scenario of running OS X inside of VMware would run like shit if at all. You can do the same thing with VNC to manage the screen of OS X but you'll quickly figure out that it sucks for it. Running OS X in VMWare would also require a decent amount of RAM. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, you are most likely correct, but Bluestacks runs fine, I run it on my Lenovo Lynx that runs the old Intel Atom processor and it runs fine. So in any case, at worst you will be able to run all Windows 8 apps, most x86 apps, and some Android apps.

Been using Win8 for a while now and I still hate everything about it. It's just a swing and a miss. I think that's the best way to describe it.

Before anyone buys a tablet or anything with Win8, either try it or shoot me a PM and I will go into some more detail for you.

The real issue is the new forced upon user "Gesture Menu's" There is no way you can't use them. The gesture to my best guess is a left to right movement of the pen/mouse/touchpad. LEFT TO RIGHT!!! One of the most common gestures someone makes on a PC. Every time a menu pops up.

There is a ton of CRAP pushed on the user you will never use. Bogs down the PC imo.

Looks insanely thick, no thanks