The WMMA Hipsters

I dunno. I've been into MMA for a while and I still enjoy wmma

Wmma should RARELY headline a ppv. To me the headliner is a combo of most dangerous, highest ranked and biggest draw. 

This is why heavier weight title fight on two title card should always be main

there is no female who could pose ANY THREAT to a male on the roster. Its like saying mighty mouse deaerves headline over a lesnar vs overeem fight. Sorry mighty mouse. Brocks hand would split you in two. 

If its wmma title and theres no other belts on the line sure i guess. 

Thug rose vs waterson im really looking forward to. 

Ryann Von Doom -

Fuck this thread, fuck anyone who supports it and fuck the op for making it. 

FUCK YOU, DALE! FUCK YOU!

There's maybe half a dozen fights in WMMA that I actually give a shit about.  Every other fight I'll fast forward for the same reason I don't watch every minor promotion on Fightpass.  Who wants to watch B grade athletes compete?  Let alone pay for it?

I want to watch the fighters I know will absolutely destroy 99.9999% of the people walking the planet in unarmed combat.

So Mighty Mouse, I feel for ya bro, but reality is any fighter above 170 in any of the top 5 orgs has a strong chance of whoopin your arse.  Ditto for ALL the girls.

Each has their own reasons for watching MMA.  Mine just happens to be centered around who is the baddest person on the planet.  Because nature doesn't have weight divsions.

Ryann Von Doom -

Fuck tou

WMMA is garbage

1 Like

bigbenpie2 -
bigbenpie2 -

I do enjoy WMMA, but I get your point OP. Unless they have Rousey exposure they aren't worthy of headlining PPV, it doesn't matter his juicy holms posterior was last night 

How* fuck this app too 

Lol at blaming the app for your typo.

Ryann Von Doom -

Knew this thread would hurt your feelings.

United Yorkie Rescue - The whole card sucked and 14 out of 16 male fighters were just as boring to watch as the main event.

Yeh but the main event should at least be the least sucky shouldn't it?? Not the most sucky!

Only reason anyone cares about Rose v Waterson is because they are comparitively hot compared to other WMMA fighters. I am sick of that being a reason for the B League to feature on main event cards of what is supposed to be the pinnacle fight sports organisation.

WMMA is a joke right now. Sad because it was fairly interesting up until recently, but it has taken a nose dive. 

How is it any different to women's rugby or football? 

Should have it's own league and events in the same way.

1 Like

United Yorkie Rescue -
ThatsHowIRoll - 
United Yorkie Rescue - The whole card sucked and 14 out of 16 male fighters were just as boring to watch as the main event.

Yeh but the main event should at least be the least sucky shouldn't it?? Not the most sucky!

Only reason anyone cares about Rose v Waterson is because they are comparitively hot compared to other WMMA fighters. I am sick of that being a reason for the B League to feature on main event cards of what is supposed to be the pinnacle fight sports organisation.

The main event should be always a title fight if there are any on the card.

If any of the other fights that went the distance were a 5 round main event, they would have been just as sucky.

In this case, yes but you have to give yourself the best chance with matchmaking.

By putting a WMMA fight in that slot, you are behind the 8 ball from the start.

By separating it to it's own leage... shit don't call it Invicta, call it UFC women's if it helps the politcally correct types get over it, you are then not obliged - title fight or not.

WMMA is fucking WEAK. Always has been, always will be. For the same biological reasons that I don't watch womens football or boxing.

I wasn't a fan of WMMA coming to the UFC at all when it was first announced. But I enjoy WMMA overall now..

To say that Holm/GDR being lackluster is all about it being WMMA is ridiculous.

Holm is a counter fighter. Plenty of Machida fights for instance have been lacking in action too.

This is common in men's fighting too. Two very technical strikers that probably respect each other too much, hesitating on the biggest stage, because so much is on the line.

To simply blame WMMA as a whole for this is ignorant of all the times that even the so called GOATs let us down too. Silva/Maia anyone? Silva/Leites? Aldo/Lamas?

you're a virgin eh?

Men never have boring fights?...Ever?

ThePrimateFormerlyKnownAs -
Ryann Von Doom -

Fuck you too. WMMA is dross 95% of the time. 

So is mens

Where you at now @RyannVonDoom

I been sayin this shit for 6 years son

The reason is the same as it was 7 years ago, it makes sense financially

I’ve heard this before but please remind me why

The only way I can see it making sense is that wmma on its own could never survive and would be a bottomless money pit in its own org