The world is f_cked regarding future generations..

So my kids told me to put on a Christmas movie last night at 10pm (both whilst they were they were staring at their respective cellphone while asking me). I put on "It's a Wonderful Life" which is goat - yes slow at the beginning but it does pick up and its still imho a great film. A few minutes into it, they tell me it's taking too long, blah blah so I turn the channel... Home Alone 2.. Cheap laughs but whatever. Just wanted to vent how fucked future generations are and Merry Christmas to all..

We watched is last night as well.

Great movie...no shitty comments today!

Merry Christmas

I think every generation will have their own movies that bring in the holiday spirit. I was never paticularly intested in A WONDERFUL LIFE as i grew up in the 80's and 90's and to me watching A Christmas Story, Scrooged, National Lampoon's Christmas and the original Home Alone was perfect for me, but to each their own. The newer movies might not have the substance of the older classics but as long as they spread that Christmas spirit im all for it.

Merry Christmas! :)

ninjaboy562 -

I think every generation will have their own movies that bring in the holiday spirit. I was never paticularly intested in A WONDERFUL LIFE as i grew up in the 80's and 90's and to me watching A Christmas Story, Scrooged, National Lampoon's Christmas and the original Home Alone was perfect for me, but to each their own. The newer movies might not have the substance of the older classics but as long as they spread that Christmas spirit im all for it.

A Christmas Story is the more recent Christmas GOAT!

Oh, man, what a nightmare. Your kids aren't into a 70 year old film. You should tie 'em up & run the car into a lake before it's too late.

ninjaboy562 - 

Well, I guess Mr. Potter truly exists...

Fucking around. Merry Christmas to you and yours..

BarkLikeADog - Oh, man, what a nightmare. Your kids aren't into a 70 year old film. You should tie 'em up & run the car into a lake before it's too late.

Do you not agree that the 70 year old film is a goat film regarding Christmas plus story line, etc? I was being figurative as you are with your counter. Merry Christmas to you also bud..

BarkLikeADog - Oh, man, what a nightmare. Your kids aren't into a 70 year old film. You should tie 'em up & run the car into a lake before it's too late.
Lol!!!!!!!

KIDS THESE DAYS AM I RIGHT?

Not like our generation man. We are solid. I remember when we were kids, older people never said things like "kids these days am I right?"

Back in  my day we didn't have these fancy toys, we had rocks an we were damn happy 

you know who  wants to watch  it's a wonderfull life... Old cunts. Fuck that an merry Christmas 

Any kid would rather watch Home Alone 1 or 2 over It's a Wonderful Life.

A wonderful life is great but as others have said, give them a few years and they will come around. Besides, home alone is pretty great too - especially the first one

Graduate1 -
BarkLikeADog - Oh, man, what a nightmare. Your kids aren't into a 70 year old film. You should tie 'em up & run the car into a lake before it's too late.

Do you not agree that the 70 year old film is a goat film regarding Christmas plus story line, etc? I was being figurative as you are with your counter. Merry Christmas to you also bud..

It’s a little dark.  One of my favorites but there’s a reason it didn’t do well when First released.  

For pure Christmas spirit, I like Miracle on 34th Street. 

They coloured A Christmas Carol starring Alistair Sim.

After that, Christmas movied died even deader than Hans Gruber after he got thrown from Nakatomi Tower.

Lol dude come on that fucking movie is from 1946.

Am I allowed to get mad at you if you dont wanna watch steamboat willy for 3 hours?

Fucking hell, grandpa...

Its a good movie but hasnt got shit on A Christmas Story. I wouldn't expect any kid these days to love it like i did though.

added note -

On May 26, 1947, the FBI issued a memo stating, "With regard to the picture 'It's a Wonderful Life,' [redacted] stated in substance that the film represented rather obvious attempts to discredit bankers by casting Lionel Barrymore as a 'scrooge-type' so that he would be the most hated man in the picture. This, according to these sources, is a common trick used by Communists. [In] addition, [redacted] stated that, in his opinion, this picture deliberately maligned the upper class, attempting to show the people who had money were mean and despicable characters.

maybe I have an old spirit with a youthful mischief.  When I was very young I saw that movie "It's a Wonderful Life" and I really liked it and then it became a tradition for me to watch it.

There are a fuckload of youse who need to get off my lawn.