Khabib takes souls

Rambo John J -

scary dudes

Tony is out of a horror movie

Khabib takes souls

tony fights the best guys in the division 

kabib is fighting mostly jv guys 

1 Like

I really beleive that Tony will be the champ. It will be the best fight ever.

Can’t wait to see him match up with Conor afterwards. Tony deserves that money and Khabib does not.

CRE -

Damnit Cre. Does this mean you are picking Fergie?

Samoa -
CRE -

Damnit Cre. Does this mean you are picking Fergie?

I don’t think it’s predictable.

I think Tony's the best Lightweight ever. The best fighter does not always win. Khabib never lost and could potentially lay and pray, where he takes more damage while on top and still wins a decision. In the scoring of Horiguchi/Caldwell we saw judges are adjusting. Yet the politics were on Horiguchi's side, a Japanese top draw and youtube star. The politics are on Khabib's side. On paper Tony's an underdog, the most game dog in the division.

Tony has better cardio and pace, Khabib should be the stronger wrestler with great control. Tony has more KO power, but we’ve seen him rocked more times than Khabib. Ferg cuts and busts up all his opponents. Khabib has never been cut. 10th planet black belt is the X-factor. Will Eddie Bravo’s rubber guard be the lead layer that disrupts and dismantles the most dominant fighter of all time?

1 Like

1 Like

Height. Reach. Bigger hands. Same 12 fight UFC win streak. Lifelong wrestler and athlete.

Ferguson brings more to the table than anyone else.

He’s a tougher fight for Khabib than GSP, even if St-Pierre is a potentially less winnable fight for Khabib, Ferguson is the tougher, more grueling test of wills.

If this was no time limits, you’d have to think the odds would shift dramatically in Ferg’s favor.

One punch knockouts with both hands.

1 Like

https://gfycat.com/ifr/NegligibleGrotesqueHamadryad

Tony is a killer for sure and has a really fun style as well as a slick sub game. It's a redundant statement and I hate even saying it but if he can figure a way to keep it on the feet, I think he wins. Khabib can be hitable at times, but Tony's style is more of an overwhelming slow battering than just one punch ko bombs.

Tony has good timing, he may be able to catch him coming in with a knee but who knows. Tony has really only faced 2 wrestlers that I can think of off the top of my head, Kevin Lee and Danny Castillo. Kevin took him down like 3 times out of 6 or 7, Danny had 2 successful attempts out of quite a few. Kevin was a div II wrestling and Danny wrestled in the NAIA  I believe, so while they had a wrestling background, they aren't even in the same universe as Khabib on the mat. If they were able to take him down, I don't see him stopping Khabib. 

jasperb -

Tony is a killer for sure and has a really fun style as well as a slick sub game. It's a redundant statement and I hate even saying it but if he can figure a way to keep it on the feet, I think he wins. Khabib can be hitable at times, but Tony's style is more of an overwhelming slow battering than just one punch ko bombs. Tony has good timing, he may be able to catch him coming in with a knee but who knows. Tony has really only faced 2 wrestlers that I can think of off the top of my head, Kevin Lee and Danny Castillo. Kevin took him down like 3 times out of 6 or 7, Danny had 2 successful attempts out of quite a few. Kevin was a div II wrestling and Danny wrestled in the NAIA I believe, so while they had a wrestling background, they aren't even in the same universe as Khabib on the mat. If they were able to take him down, I don't see him stopping Khabib.

Trujillo is a wrestler

1 Like

1 Like

Both Champions have strengths where the other might have some weakness. Looks like vulnerability above to Tony Ferguson's granby rolls. Against Poirier we saw Khabib can leave his neck out there too.

1 Like
CRE -
jasperb -

Tony is a killer for sure and has a really fun style as well as a slick sub game. It's a redundant statement and I hate even saying it but if he can figure a way to keep it on the feet, I think he wins. Khabib can be hitable at times, but Tony's style is more of an overwhelming slow battering than just one punch ko bombs. Tony has good timing, he may be able to catch him coming in with a knee but who knows. Tony has really only faced 2 wrestlers that I can think of off the top of my head, Kevin Lee and Danny Castillo. Kevin took him down like 3 times out of 6 or 7, Danny had 2 successful attempts out of quite a few. Kevin was a div II wrestling and Danny wrestled in the NAIA I believe, so while they had a wrestling background, they aren't even in the same universe as Khabib on the mat. If they were able to take him down, I don't see him stopping Khabib.

Trujillo is a wrestler

You are right, I was going off memory, and after 40 years of abusing my brain, getting punched in the head and watching 1000's of fights, my memory ain't what it was. Trujillo was an NAIA guy too, I think. Abel took him down a couple times I believe but Tony choked him out if I remember correctly. Tony could definitely catch him, Dustin was able to secure that guillotine. Tony has a slick choke game, is love to see him catch him with that Darce.

CRE -

Both Champions have strengths where the other might have some weakness. Looks like vulnerability above to Tony Ferguson's granby rolls. Against Poirier we saw Khabib can leave his neck out there too.

I agree, I don't think Khabib is some unstoppable force, he's damn good but beatable. He's had 10 decision victories, granted a few of those, especially the Barbosa fight was ugly but he survived. Tony has the cardio, he won't be giving up much in the size department, so it's interesting for sure. If Khabib wins this one handedly, then I may have to change my tune.