There has been a dark cloud over 155...

The champ, Pettis will have been out over a year when he fights Melendez.

#2 ranked Melendez will have been out over a year when he fights Pettis.

#4 ranked Nurmagomedov just went out with injury. There goes his 2014. 1-0 for the year.

#5 ranked Grant has been out for over a year.

#6 ranked Alvarez is not in the UFC and has also not fought this year.

#10 Nate Diaz has not fought this year and there is no good news regarding him returning to the UFC next year let in 2014.

When 60% of your top ten fighters are sitting the year out for one reason or another, the division is in a bad spot. Yes the Cerrone and Barboza wins were cool but guys like this can't get those high level fights they need when everyone is injured.

Hopefully ending the year with Pettis vs Melendez will be a sign of a brighter 2015 for the lightweight division.

Agreed. On a positive note, it gives guys like cerrone a chance to fight alot and surpass the inactive guys in the rankings.

Nate Diaz could position himself into a #1 contendership if he would get back in there and fight while alot of guys are on the shelf. Horrible time to be playing his little hold out game. Phone Post 3.0

Well once we have female 105'ers and male straweight divisions those champs will defend a lot. I kid, I kid...

ranier wolfcastle -

Perfect Phone Post 3.0

Don't forget about tj grant. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck 155.
And 170.
And 145.

Fuck 'em.

- perpetually depressed BJ Penn fan Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor - Fuck 155.
And 170.
And 145.

Fuck 'em.