There is a monument to Nazi troops in Canada?

Canada police investigate vandalism of monument to Nazi troops as hate crime:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/17/canada-nazi-monument-vandalism-hate-crime

Ukraine Nazis, they are popular with the Western World again as long as you know .... Russia.

The news that Sir John A. was taken down is troubling.

I prefer we embrace history, the good and the bad.
Democracy goes to shit when it is supposed to be for the betterment of the whole but special interest groups got elected.

Strange times we live in...not only appear that there is a Ukranian Nazi memorial in Canada...also it's untouchable....hate crime? Lol

canadians gonna Canadian. smh

Hessian - Ukraine Nazis, they are popular with the Western World again as long as you know .... Russia.

Democracy goes to shit when it is supposed to be for the betterment of the whole but special interest groups got elected.

What do Ukrainian Nazis have to do with Canadian history? Maybe I'm missing something?

Smilin like Rashad -
Hessian - Ukraine Nazis, they are popular with the Western World again as long as you know .... Russia.

What do Ukrainian Nazis have to do with Canadian history? Maybe I'm missing something?

They killed Canadians?

From the article it sounds like there are three monuments. Two of them in Edmonton. What's up with Edmonton?

FG_Gall -

From the article it sounds like there are three monuments. Two of them in Edmonton. What's up with Edmonton?

It's a good place to get a haircut and a hot shave. 

WALES - 
Smilin like Rashad -

They killed Canadians?

We allow lots of Nationalities in Canada to honor what the "majority" wouldn't want.

That is how we are as a society. They are Ukraine Nazis so it will or would be allowed. Remove the Ukraine part and it is just a statue to the Waffen SS, which everyone would be outraged about.

The 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS - 1st Galician was an SS unit made up of Ukrainian nationalists from the Melnyk faction of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists. The first version of it was basically massacred so the Germans could break out of an encirclement at the Battle of Brody. The new version was used for anti-partisan warfare in Slovakia and Slovenia. They were around Austria when the British and Americans showed up and preferred to surrender to them than the Soviets. And American intelligence was happy to snap up people with knowledge of the Soviet Union. When they got to the US, Canada, and Australia (mostly), they became pretty active in the emigre community.

After the war, OUN shifted its ideology from fascism to a more generic conservative "anti-communism."

And a lot of them went to the Prairie provinces since there was already a big community there starting from the 19th century.

The Ukranian community in Canada is very large.

They came to Canada by the hundreds of thousands and were good settlers for the Prairies, since they were skilled farmers who were used to shitty winter.

Its why perogies are so popular in Canada.

That some in the Ukranian community have put up memorials to troops they consider anti stalinist is consistent with one view of Ukranian history.

‘The 14th division was made up of Ukrainian nationalists who joined the Nazis during the second world war. Members of the division are believed to have murdered Polish women and children, as well as Jewish people.’

effinggoof - The Ukranian community in Canada is very large.

They came to Canada by the hundreds of thousands and were good settlers for the Prairies, since they were skilled farmers who were used to shitty winter.

Its why perogies are so popular in Canada.

That some in the Ukranian community have put up memorials to troops they consider anti stalinist is consistent with one view of Ukranian history.

Nu blin, you mean vereniki.

Toronto has a large contingency of Ukrainians as well 

after dating many I can say they are hot.. love to fuck... and batshit crazy