There is a serious lack of diversity in the NBA!

According to the report contained in the link below for  the  2014-2015 NBA season:

The  percentage of  NBA players  who  were classified  as  African-American  or  Black in  the  league was  74.4 percent of all players.

The percentage of NBA players who were classified as white was 23.3 percent of all players.

The percentage of NBA players who were classified  as Latino was 1.8 percent of all players.

The percentage of NBA players categorized as  Asian or “other” races was 0.2 percent of all players.

Where is the love for my Latino and Asian brothers!!! Even whites aren't getting much love from the NBA.

We need to come togther as a people and bring more diversity to the NBA. All people were created equally. The NBA is obviously rife with systemic discrimnation based on the flawed and racist perception that African-Americans are superior basketball players. As a Latino-American, I am greatly concerned.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/6e1489cc3560e1e1a2fa88e3030f5149?AccessKeyId=DAC3A56D8FB782449D2A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

There is certainly a shortage of Mexicans and Native Americans. I’m not sure what drives organizations like the NBA to this type of systemic racism, but it needs to be rooted out. 

And don’t even get me started on the disparity in salaries between male and female NBA players!

no, no. there are only more blacks because they feel like it is their only ticket out of the hood. this makes them work harder for it then all those other races, ethnicities, cultures, etc. 

I’ve also never seen a Dwarf featuring in an NBA game. Shits gettin’ tired. 

Pretty sure this is what diversity was all about. 

there needs to be a racial pay gap investigation. jeremy lin isn't paid the same as steph curry, that's blatant racism. championships and being the better player has nothing to do with how much they should be paid

“the NBA All-Star weekend has turned into a celebration of African American culture" -David Aldridge

Heard this again yesterday on Cowherd and Whitlock's show.

‘Black Thanksgiving’

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/18/cnn-black-thanksgiving-nb_n_825335.html

Another race thread on the og? Color me shocked lol

This thread appears to be in jest...however i just spent my last hour trying to create the best all white American team i could assemble. This is what we have:

PG - T.J. McConnell (Only white American PG option)

SG - J.J. Redick

SF - G. Hayward

PF - K. Love

C- M. Plumlee

Bench:

T. Zeller

R. Anderson

F. Kaminsky

C. Parsons

J. ingles

K. Korver

J. Harris

Additionally, if we included white skin (or whiteish), non American:

PG - G. Dragic

SG - B. Bogdanovic

SF - O. Casspi

PF - K. Porzingis

C- N. Jokic

And for half credit:

PG - S. Curry

SG - K. Thompson

SF - A. Gordon

PF - B. Griffin

C- L. Nance Jr. 

j.SNOWw.WHITE -

This thread appears to be in jest...however i just spent my last hour trying to create the best all white American team i could assemble. This is what we have:

SG - J.J. Redick

SF - G. Hayward

PF - K. Love

C- M. Plumlee

Bench:

T. Zeller

R. Anderson

F. Kaminsky

C. Parsons

J. ingles

K. Korver

J. Harris

Alex Caruso from the Lakers is a PG

Anthony Kiedis -
j.SNOWw.WHITE -

SG - J.J. Redick

SF - G. Hayward

PF - K. Love

C- M. Plumlee

Bench:

T. Zeller

R. Anderson

F. Kaminsky

C. Parsons

J. ingles

K. Korver

J. Harris

Wasn't aware of him. But ESPN lists him as a SG and his stats aren't good enough to unseat any of the guards currently on the team.

I might be willing to put him on the roster to have one more guy who can psuh the ball but who does he replace? Kaminsky seams like the obvious choice but that would leave us with only 2 reserve bigs. 

ufc98newb -

no, no. there are only more blacks because they feel like it is their only ticket out of the hood. this makes them work harder for it then all those other races, ethnicities, cultures, etc. 

Sarcastic, but actually does have some validity 

And there's already been multiple specials on this and the fact american white players are discriminated against as early as a high school level. 

TFK_shampoohorn -

Pretty sure this is what diversity was all about. 

Pretty sure your are the definition of RETARDED.

What the fuck is this garbage thread?

Sports is a meritocracy. Go beg for handouts somewhere else.

The athletes are underpaid if anything, and get what the market decides their value to be.

Pedro Navaja - What the fuck is this garbage thread?

Sports is a meritocracy. Go beg for handouts somewhere else.

The athletes are underpaid if anything, and get what the market decides their value to be.

But the rest of society is what?

j.SNOWw.WHITE -
Anthony Kiedis -
j.SNOWw.WHITE -

SG - J.J. Redick

SF - G. Hayward

PF - K. Love

C- M. Plumlee

Bench:

T. Zeller

R. Anderson

F. Kaminsky

C. Parsons

J. ingles

K. Korver

J. Harris

Wasn't aware of him. But ESPN lists him as a SG and his stats aren't good enough to unseat any of the guards currently on the team.

I might be willing to put him on the roster to have one more guy who can psuh the ball but who does he replace? Kaminsky seams like the obvious choice but that would leave us with only 2 reserve bigs. 

You didn't include Markannen. Your list is invalid.

WHY DA FUCK DOES WHITE GO FIRST IN CHESS?