There is no infinity in physical word

***infinity***

there are not an infinite number of universes. This universe is not infinite in time or spacial dimensions. Nothing is infinite in time. there are not an infinite number of stars or planets.

As far as something being infinitely small, well, just try to get smaller than the hypothesized string

the closest thing to being infinite in time is to be outside of time, which is different.

there cannot be an infinite number of parralel universes because we know that universes are born and die which means there is a change in their number, How can you add or subtract infinity?

in mathematics infinity has its use, but that is it.

sorry, i have been reading so philosophical shit.

You used math to prove that math doesn't exist in the physical world?

Infinite does seem like a theoretical idea. Phone Post 3.0

Really, Fuckface?

thesleeper - You used math to prove that math doesn't exist in the physical world?

yeah, pretty sweet though.

I am on a mission to disprove infinity in relation to time/space/sum of physical things.

on that wormhole show, i always get this involuntary twitch when they say shit about an infinite number of universes.

"there are not an infinite number of universes"

So, how many are there?

"there cannot be an infinite number of parralel universes because we know that universes are born and die which means there is a change in their number"

A set of all integers is infinite, and so is a set containing all even integers (all odd integers removed).

You really haven't brought up anything which leads to a conclusion that there cannot be an infinite number of universes or a universe infinite in size. It's just confused ramblings.

I'm with ksacs. You haven't proved anything. You are just making claims. That's the same as the guys claiming there are infinite things.

I don't understand when people say the edge of the universe, as if it ends. Well, why does it have an edge? What is beyond the edge? Nothing? Has to be something. Empty space? That's something. And does that go on for an infinite distance?

There is so much we really have no idea of.

Pi is an infite number. Circles do exist.

My Mom says there's a lot of black people in Africa. Phone Post

Fuck, a dude on a message board has changed everything about everything with a single post. Phone Post 3.0

ksacs revenge - "there are not an infinite number of universes"

So, how many are there?

"there cannot be an infinite number of parralel universes because we know that universes are born and die which means there is a change in their number"

A set of all integers is infinite, and so is a set containing all even integers (all odd integers removed).

You really haven't brought up anything which leads to a conclusion that there cannot be an infinite number of universes or a universe infinite in size. It's just confused ramblings.

so, lets say we have an infinte number of universes today. tomorrow one universe dies. How many univeveses are there?

to me, infinity implies that there is no change. if there is no change how can it be added or subtracted from?

i say because universes are physical and all physical things have a creation date and most likely an end date, that their number is finite.

BlueDream - Pi is an infite number. Circles do exist.

right, but i agreed that in mathematics infinity exists.

but take Pi. it is used to determine the circumference of a circle. when we do math we round to 3.14 so we are really giving an approximate value.

now, apply this to a physical object. I have a balance ball. it is a sphere. It has a circumference. Now, if i put the radius into a math equation i would not get the exact answer, just an approximation.

but, if i take a tape measure i get an EXACT measruement for the circumference.

so, this is in a weird way illustrating my point about infintiy existing in math but not in the physical world.

i am ready to take that damn GED test mewo

Gored Matador -

but take Pi. it is used to determine the circumference of a circle. when we do math we round to 3.14 so we are really giving an approximate value.

now, apply this to a physical object. I have a balance ball. it is a sphere. It has a circumference. Now, if i put the radius into a math equation i would not get the exact answer, just an approximation.

so, this is in a weird way illustrating my point about infintiy existing in math but not in the physical world.

So... You're proving infinity doesn't exist with a tape measure eh? Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - 
Gored Matador -

So... You're proving infinity doesn't exist with a tape measure eh? Phone Post 3.0

lol, yes.

I would also say that universes did not always exist. maybe this is too deep, but

What does there need to be before anything can exist?

The act of exististing

So, first came the act of existing and phsyciall things were put into existence. So this is why i say there was not always universes.

now i have to read this until it makes sense to me.

What if... There was never a time that the universe didn't exist? Phone Post 3.0

Number theory = theory

So, how many are there?

Gored Matador - 

No your use of a tape Measure only shows our inability to perceive things in small units or never repeating numbers. Humans like things to be whole and easy we have made most things that way.

Humans lack of ability to see things for what they are don't change the fact of what they are. Math is a part of everyday life perceived that way or not.

It's safe to say we're all wrong here.

^^Which means in a parallel universe we are all right.