There is no way to justify giving it to Randy

There just isn't.

That was ridiculous.

Agreed! Draw or 4th round

I thought that Randy won due to controlling the pace; Brandon was closer to finishing and did more damage, but the majority of the time Randy was imposing the position. Either way, if this is how Randy plans on moving forward in the 205 division, he will lose a lot of similar matches by decision.

agreed, and anyone who calls that 'Octagon control' is crazy, thats stalling, nothing came from it, nothing

Randy did nothing in that fight, Vera did more damage in a couple flurries than Randy did with all his pushing against the cage

I think we have seen an new era of UFC being ushered in. The era of "Wall and Stall." E.g., "X is a great kickboxer but can he overcome Y's Wall and Stall." "I don't know, Goldie."

So in your opinions Randy should give up his game plan of taking Vera down and trade punches? If thats the case Vera should of stoped fighting the take down and let Randy take him down. Yes Vera landed some good kicks but he couldn't finish it. Randy was consistently working to get Vera to the ground. Thats pressure, thats controling the fight. not exciting but it gets the job done.

It should only get the job done if you don't get knocked down twice and then taken down and mounted.

"There is no way to justify giving it to Randy"

With the current 10 point must system, Randy could have arguably won the 1st & 3rd rounds, thus giving him the victory. Not the most exciting way to win a fight, but it got the job done given the parameters.

Brandon should have pushed the pace more in the 3rd or finished Randy in the 2nd when he had the chance. It appeared to me that he didn't have the gas to do either.

Jiu Jitsu Panda - So in your opinions Randy should give up his game plan of taking Vera down and trade punches? If thats the case Vera should of stoped fighting the take down and let Randy take him down. Yes Vera landed some good kicks but he couldn't finish it. Randy was consistently working to get Vera to the ground. Thats pressure, thats controling the fight. not exciting but it gets the job done.

No, he shouldnt change his game plan up, but he should of lost, did he get any TDs? Did he do any damage?

Vera folded Randy over, got the TD, a mount and some shots in on Randy who had maybe 1 flurry of punches

Vera won that fight

Randy pulled a tim sylvia with that fight. bore his way to a decision win.

Randy won.

Baton Courtesy - if Handy won that fight, Florian was beating Penn before he got subbed.

Florian was ahead before he got caught.

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Couture-Vera.swf

Handy won.

The only issue I have with the decision is the judging on the prior fight.  Basically the same fight, Swick controls the pace of the fight and uses superior strength and grappling skills to pin Hardy against the cage; Hardy lands clean blows that rock Swick, but does little else.  I can could gone either way with the decision.

I thought Vera won but this isn't even close to being the worst decision we've seen even in the last month..

Vera didnt slam dunk it.

randy eeked out r1

vera took r2

the deciding factor on randy winning the 3r and fight, was he landed 91 strikes to veras 49. he wasnt hit while mounted so i guess the judges didnt give the takedown more consideration than thew strikes

ideepthroatcolt - Pushing someone around > being pushed around.

How does your mathmatical equations work with being kicked, being dropped, and being mounted?

Randy