"There will be an immediate rematch."--Dana

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ufc25-2009oct25,0,3009843.story?track=rss

UFC president Dana White said he believed Rua won the fight and added, "there will be an immediate rematch."

Even if this is true it is still an injustice for Rua to have to win again.

Good news, but Shogun should be champ. I will be rooting for him, but believe that Machida will KO/TKO him in the re-match.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Even if this is true it is still an injustice for Rua to have to win again.

interesting considering he didn't win tonight.low kicks alone won't get you a decision over the champ.

ProMagnus - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Even if this is true it is still an injustice for Rua to have to win again.

interesting considering he did win tonight.

low kicks alone won't get you a decision over the champ.

It's bullshit cuz Shogun won with a great strategy. Now if there's a rematch he'll be forced to be more reckless.

Somehow I think the coaches for the next TUF will be Shogun & Machida...

-"DJ CRUSH"

Will there be a rubber match if Shogun wins that fight too?

There will still be a LOSS in the win column for Shogun. It doesnt make it right. Especially for people who bet big money on Shogun only to get ripped off.

DJ CRUSH - Somehow I think the coaches for the next TUF will be Shogun & Machida...

-"DJ CRUSH"

it will be all Subtitles hah.

Yeah, no chance. Plus it sucks because I really don't think Shogun will win the second time. I think he had a better shot at winning this time.

retardcontrol - I'm glad Dana is defending Rua.

he shouldn't be defending anybody....CSAC hired the judges..they made their decision....Unless dana wants to start officially judging fights he needs to keep it shut and remain neutral since he is the President of the company.

Totally agree but the rematch had better be FREE or else the UFC can shove it.

Fuck paying to see that bullshit.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Yeah, no chance. Plus it sucks because I really don't think Shogun will win the second time. I think he had a better shot at winning this time.

But you know if there's a way to milk anything for all it's worth, Zuffa will do it and on TUF. Love your SN btw.

-"DJ CRUSH"

I think Shogun won, but a rematch is fine.

-"DJ CRUSH"

UFC is corrupted org

There is no other obvious challenger the LHW belt. Shogun will get an immediate rematch. Hopefully the next fight won't go to a decision

lookoutawhale - Will there be a rubber match if Shogun wins that fight too?

There will still be a LOSS in the win column for Shogun. It doesnt make it right. Especially for people who bet big money on Shogun only to get ripped off.

Yeah I had Shogun @ over +300, plus I had a prop bet Shogun by decision @ +1000...I'm pretty bummed.

Still BS, but I'm glad to hear.

ProMagnus - retardcontrol - I'm glad Dana is defending Rua.

he shouldn't be defending anybody....CSAC hired the judges..they made their decision....Unless dana wants to start officially judging fights he needs to keep it shut and remain neutral since he is the President of the company.

except for the fact that CSAC sucks balls... hey KKM, you should be the new head of CSAC...you'd fit right in!

32Hunter - 
DJ CRUSH - Somehow I think the coaches for the next TUF will be Shogun & Machida...

-"DJ CRUSH"

god I hope not it should be in 4 months.
Who cares?   Shogun IS the Champ in everyones book and now we ALL know Machida was overrated.