"There will be an immediate rematch."--Dana

ToWeakToBeAfiGhter - 
BJJkilla - you don't beat the champ by leg kicks?

ummm what did forrest griffin do to rampage? shogun got fucken robbed.

jackson was robbed, rua was not

Apples are orange, oranges are red. You make sense!

JimmersonzGlove - Yeah I had Shogun @ over +300, plus I had a prop bet Shogun by decision @ +1000...I'm pretty bummed.

That really sucks. Not only did Shogun get robbed but so did you.

Bleh. There's no need for an immediate rematch since it was a close fight, and not a very exciting one at that. People want to see different guys fight each other.

"There's no need for an immediate rematch since it was a close fight, and not a very exciting one at that. People want to see different guys fight each other."

The reason there is an immediate rematch is to avoid having a paper champ.

JimmersonzGlove - 
lookoutawhale - Will there be a rubber match if Shogun wins that fight too?

There will still be a LOSS in the win column for Shogun. It doesnt make it right. Especially for people who bet big money on Shogun only to get ripped off.

Yeah I had Shogun @ over +300, plus I had a prop bet Shogun by decision @ +1000...I'm pretty bummed.

man thats gotta suck. you would have had a nice payout too.

Dana said that about the Tito/Rashad fight aswell, and I'm still waiting.

Rampage was supposed to get a rematch with Forrest too, so I'll believe it when i see it.

Rua won the fight hands down

retardcontrol - I'm glad Dana is defending Rua.

I guess its the only thing Zuffa can do, but it'll be 10 times as hard to beat Lyoto the next time. Shogun fucking did it last night.

JimmersonzGlove -    It's bullshit cuz Shogun won with a great strategy. Now if there's a rematch he'll be forced to be more reckless.

Dead on.

too late

ufc is forever tainted by this horseshit decision and by Machidas cowardly act in accepting the belt

Harder next time for Shogun.

ttt

JimmersonzGlove -    It's bullshit cuz Shogun won with a great strategy. Now if there's a rematch he'll be forced to be more reckless.
Better judges who know what they're looking at would solve that problem.

lookoutawhale - Will there be a rubber match if Shogun wins that fight too?

There will still be a LOSS in the win column for Shogun. It doesnt make it right. Especially for people who bet big money on Shogun only to get ripped off.

ProMagnus - HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Even if this is true it is still an injustice for Rua to have to win again.

interesting considering he didn't win tonight.low kicks alone won't get you a decision over the champ.

You are fucking retarded.

I think this is awesome.

I thought it was an amazing and close fight between two great fighters and I can't wait to see them go at it again.

Those calling Machida overrated are idiots. Shogun that fought last night looked like the Shogun of old...the guy we all called the best 205er in the world and Machida arguably won the fight and went 5 grueling rounds.

Both are amazing, neither are overrated.

Agree, both are amazing. That said, no fucking doubt in my mind Shogun won last night. Bloody robbery.

ToWeakToBeAfiGhter - now i would like all the idiots who said - dana white and zuffa was behind that decision, i will never pay for any ufc event again - to apologize and admit they are nothing but idiots and ufc haters who always desperately search for any ridiculous reason to insult ufc which makes them feel more hardcore. Screw you you pathetic mma haters

Well, they finally found someone who can give Machida a good fight, and as such, they can highly capitalize on a second fight. That's incentive enough.