These lumber prices are beating my ass!!!

That’s it.  lol. Anyone else having to hold off on projects or just eating the extra costs due to wood prices?? 

2 Likes

$10 for a 2x4x10 is retarded 

wood

1 Like

1 Like
NFABeeJay -

$10 for a 2x4x10 is retarded 

Yeah try $15 in my neck of the woods. It's almost to a point where I could save money by actually going out chopping a tree down, cutting it into 2x4's and running it through my planer. Wood prices are insane and they wont be coming down. They are here ffffooorrrrr eeeevvvvvvaaaaaaa. 

Yup. Made this thread a couple months ago. It's crazy

And they've actually come down from a few months ago.

2 Likes

Where are you guys getting these prices from big box or local lumber. 2x4x10 is 7.30 here in California. 2x6x8 is 6.59. Prices were a little higher a couple months ago.

![](upload://5KD4iZLMOaKYQDJRAGk8oWeFqQN.jpeg)

Ontario Canada pt

All time highs and they’re going higher too. I trade in the industry, it’s downright insane.

Thoughts are possible price relief mid-late Feb similar to what we saw in October but nothing short term

I made a 32x28 garage this passed summer/fall in Canada. I got the majority of my lumber b4 prices went crazy but I still ended up having to pay more in the end for some odds and ends. I have the complete shell done and finished outside. Not touching the inside until prices come down. No way I'm paying $34 for a sheet of 7/16 osb. 

1 Like

I built my house in March last year.  My lumber package was 22k. The same lumber package in September was 38k.  Fucking unreal 

1 Like

Meanwhile, exotics haven't seen any increase at all.

3 Likes
octo_dad -

All time highs and they’re going higher too. I trade in the industry, it’s downright insane.

Thoughts are possible price relief mid-late Feb similar to what we saw in October but nothing short term

Any shortages of supply that you can see. I build docks and we were having a hard time getting treated lumber in every dimension we wanted, lead to a lo of waste.

I'm a bit concerned about the other products I install, plastic/polymer type material im guessing most of the raw materials are imported from china.

Ktaco - 

I made a 32x28 garage this passed summer/fall in Canada. I got the majority of my lumber b4 prices went crazy but I still ended up having to pay more in the end for some odds and ends. I have the complete shell done and finished outside. Not touching the inside until prices come down. No way I'm paying $34 for a sheet of 7/16 osb. 

29.99 for osb in southern alberta....thats back up from december but not as high as october/november. I thought it was back down to 18-20 bucks even a few weeks ago but I could be wrong. It's ridiculous.....in realty, it's $10 dollar sheet at most.

2 Likes
Altofsky -

Meanwhile, exotics haven't seen any increase at all.

Should I build my shop in paduak?

1 Like
alkysmurf -
octo_dad -

Any shortages of supply that you can see. I build docks and we were having a hard time getting treated lumber in every dimension we wanted, lead to a lo of waste.

I'm a bit concerned about the other products I install, plastic/polymer type material im guessing most of the raw materials are imported from china.

You buy from small local mills? They seem to be offering more palatable prices 

alkysmurf -
octo_dad -

Unfortunately we think the treaters will be the ones to drive prices higher. They typically build inventory right about now and haven’t been able to due to limited supply. It’s 100% supply/demand driving price.

The easiest way to gauge future direction is to look at US housing permits, if they continue to trend in the 1.5 million range there just isn’t enough capacity to support demand ie… strong prices

Bought ready to log the 50 acres in the PNW

NFABeeJay -

I built my house in March last year.  My lumber package was 22k. The same lumber package in September was 38k.  Fucking unreal 

A friend is looking to build in upstate NY and his framing package is up 19k year over year. Crazy