These next gen games tho

Fucking need way more time to be polished and tested. The amount of fuck ups out of the gate is ridiculous Phone Post 3.0

It's unreal. Literally every single game that comes out is a clusterfuck. Phone Post 3.0

People call me mad for missing ps2 and before days. The times of no updates and shite like that Phone Post 3.0

It's a part of why I tend to not preorder games, particularly for PC. Look at Far Cry 4, very good reviews on PS4 but they're not releasing a PC version for reviewers to review untill after launch,nothing suspicious there...  Also, many games tend to go on sale fairly quickly(look at shadows of mordor as a recent example) and waiting a bit gives time for bugs to be worked out and things like SLI support to be added.

That said, I did make an exception for Dragon Age:Inquisition(I like the player impressions from EA access and the early reviews) and likely also for Witcher 3 since I have a fair amount of trust that CDProject red will put out a good product, or patch it quickly if they don't(and I get a 20% pre-order discount). Ultimately, consumers have to vote with their wallets based on bad experiences or bad practices.

I thinks it's why games like LoL and DOTA2 are dwarfing every other game console or PC. They have been refining themselves over years. Most new games are focusing on awesome trailers, embargoing reviewers, and concentrating on big day 1 sales.

The shitty performance with severely outdated components in the PS4/Xbone aren't helping either. Phone Post 3.0

LOL and Dota are popular cause they are free and don't need a good pc to run. That's why they get all the Chinese ect playing them.

cleophus -

LOL and Dota are popular cause they are free and don't need a good pc to run. That's why they get all the Chinese ect playing them.

I live in the good ol American Midwest and the majority of my friends(co-workers/neighbors) that play videogames either LoL or DOTA2. The rest are CoD bros. I even know 1 guy that just plays WiiU.

I think the popularity of WoW helped transition a lot of adult gamers to the MOBA scene. Phone Post 3.0

I live just outside of valve headquarters and don't know anyone that plays LOL or Dota. Everyone plays ps4 or xb1. I'm not saying that the games aren't popular but they wouldn't be hitting the number of users they are without the Chinese, South Americans, Russians ect who don't have a lot of money and use lower tier pc's. Phone Post 3.0