They are making me do it again...

Is there anyone willing to help? I am expected to preach this coming Sunday the 26th and I am running short on time. I need some proofreaders to look over my sermon for clarity and grammar/spelling errors.

Please!

Post it!

Or, e-mail me: nadanadanada@blingbling.com

I may be out, though!

Thank you so much... you've got mail... yeaaaaaaah

You have mail! Good job, man.

Thanks again! Can anyone else take a few and help me out?

Or should I just post the whole thing up here?

BTW gotgame get your email off the forum before a spider gets it...

Spider?

Post it here, mang.

yah post it here. I will help.

It's very good.

bro, that is a GREAT sermon. Ive actually been spending some time with that this last week as some friends of mine are involved with a word of faith ministry whose doctrines are ummmm...well Im sure you've heard of mr. dollar.

Also the free will thing, I dont think Ive ever heard anyone use the words you have...but you've made it realitively simple to understand and articulate to others. Know it or not...God has blessed me today through you.

Amen to your sermon. I hope God blesses your congregation with the same sense of reassurance he has left with me today.

hey Tulkas! Just wanted you to know that the last sermon you posted (a while ago before the whole site crashed) actually got me to go find my bible and read it. I had asked you if satan "teleported" Jesus to the top of the temple. the bible I have is the New International Version by Zondervan, and it used the word "lead" (past tense), so it didn't sound like "teleportation" in that translation, but it was still strange using the word "lead" because earlier in that same passage it said Jesus was lead by the Holy Spirit to the desert. So by being lead by satan, Jesus followed him; did what he said to do. I don't want to split hairs with you regarding translations and intepretations, because the end result and meaning was pretty much the same. I just wanted to let you know that you actually got someone who hasn't even been to church in a LONG ass time to open his bible, even if it was only for a little while (and I'm not even a Mormon!) Take care.

The Word of God: The Coal that Fuels the Fire of Piety

Today I hope to teach us about wisdom: real wisdom, God's wisdom. I want to make a direct connection between God's Word and God's wisdom. But first, we have to take a little detour and talk about the wisdom of man. Because, before I get to the good stuff, God's wisdom, I want to make you aware of the bad stuff. It will, I hope, make the good stuff that much more appealing. What I want to show by way of example is how man's wisdom, apart from God's Word, not only starts in error but ends in worse than error. I want to demonstrate how starting without the Word of God ends in heresy. And then finally, I want to show how heresy leaves you trusting in something that can give you no help at all. I want to Show that God has made all the wisdom of man to look foolish and that God has shown man's wisdom to be useless nonsense.

Isaiah 44:9-20 "How foolish are those who manufacture idols to be their gods. These highly valued objects are really worthless. They themselves are witnesses that this is so, for their idols neither see nor know. No wonder those who worship them are put to shame. Who but a fool would make his own god--an idol that cannot help him one bit! All who worship idols will stand before the LORD in shame, along with all these craftsmen--mere humans--who claim they can make a god. Together they will stand in terror and shame.

The blacksmith stands at his forge to make a sharp tool, pounding and shaping it with all his might. His work makes him hungry and thirsty, weak and faint. Then the wood-carver measures and marks out a block of wood, takes the tool, and carves the figure of a man. Now he has a wonderful idol that cannot even move from where it is placed! He cuts down cedars; he selects the cypress and the oak; he plants the cedar in the forest to be nourished by the rain. And after his care, he uses part of the wood to make a fire to warm himself and bake his bread. Then--yes, it's true--he takes the rest of it and makes himself a god for people to worship! He makes an idol and bows down and praises it! He burns part of the tree to roast his meat and to keep himself warm. Then he takes what's left and makes his god: a carved idol! He falls down in front of it, worshiping and praying to it. "Rescue me!" he says. "You are my god!"

Such stupidity and ignorance! Their eyes are closed, and they cannot see. Their minds are shut, and they cannot think. The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, "Why, it's just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a chunk of wood?" The poor, deluded fool feeds on ashes. He is trusting something that can give him no help at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, "Is this thing, this idol that I'm holding in my hand, a lie?"