They don't make them like they used to

I would do a fight to the finish. No time limit.

I actually think we should get rid of judges and do 1, 15min rd. I bet there would be a lot more finishes. Draws would really suck though. I hate the "don't leave it to the judges" comment. Get rid of them if they can't do their job.

Tell me more about this bare knuckle in the UK? That would be awesome to do. I need some stories for when I'm old Phone Post 3.0

camozzi - I would do a fight to the finish. No time limit.

I actually think we should get rid of judges and do 1, 15min rd. I bet there would be a lot more finishes. Draws would really suck though. I hate the "don't leave it to the judges" comment. Get rid of them if they can't do their job.

Tell me more about this bare knuckle in the UK? That would be awesome to do. I need some stories for when I'm old Phone Post 3.0

Here's the org that Hauge is fighting for...

http://bbadbkb.co.uk

You too could be this man

getgettinsomeread - 
vagabond - If we are going to war. Ill shoot you in the face.

There is sport and there is war. Please don't confuse the two.
It was a fucking figure of speech you cunt Phone Post 3.0

Image result for shut up cry baby

Cindy

tumbler - also 75 rounds of fighting?

that had got to be the most boring fight in history. they were probably completely gassed throwing one ineffective punch per minute for the majority of this fight

back then a round ended any time a fighter touched the ground with any part of their body except their feet. There was also quite a bit of grappling and throws resulting in a lot of "rounds"

GrilliamG - So, we champion fighter safety and all the stuff about CTE, but this is the guy fighters should aspire to be? Sorry, man, you can't have it both ways. I'd rather have my favorite fighters (and my least favorite, for that matter) be able to have conversations with their grandchildren without stuttering every word. Phone Post 3.0

Is this directed at me?

I'm not a big advocate on fighter safety, however I am a very big advocate on fighter pay(more).  I have a special kind of respect for professional mma fighters, a respect that makes me feel they are far more deserving of multi million dollar contracts more than NFL and NBA players are.

MMA fighters risk their bodies everyday, not just "gametime", but every training session.    I don't think fighters should stick around when it will affect their health, and with increased pay they wouldn't have to.

colubrid1 - 
Rudi - 
D241 -

75th round.....because one man needed to quit to establish the undeniable advantage.

Clear winners, how it should be. Not this "I (barely)won 2/3 rounds, give me that W"

Um no Phone Post 3.0

Um yes.

It is not who wins the little battle. It's is who wins the war.
colubrid1-You have no idea how much I'm going to use that line when referencing this particular topic.

THANK YOU

vagabond -
Dugs95 - 

But the sport is based off who is the best cage fighter, should've that entail having a clear cut winner? I'd love it if there was a way they went till a finish or someone couldn't continue... Sudden death unlimited round 6 lol.... I get what you're saying that it's a sport, but what's so bad about the old way? Phone Post 3.0

I dont think the old way is bad. It's just not sustainable.

Like it or not, nowadays you can't just have two guys duke it out without lawyers and the government getting involved.

The war crap was a little preachy, it's just a pet peeve of mine.
You were right on, though. People love to live in absolutes and ideals and forget about reality. Phone Post 3.0

I disagree that we can't change the sport to have finish or draw.

UFC happened just a little over 20 years ago, that's not that long ago.  Back then they got away with showing the sport in a WAY more brutal light than they do now, where they market it as "sport".

Back then, MMA was WAY taboo as well, which understandably brings a stigma that if we made the sport more "barbaric"(but really just more fight realistic), the sport would be shunned and possibly banned, but that simply is not the case.  This is 2015 where TMZ shows Suge Knight killiings and all sorts of street fights that are far more brutal than modern mma.

That's what puts shows like TMZ, talk soup, Tosh.0, etc....that's what puts them over because they are 'edgy", like UFC was when it first came out.  Now if UFC did something like allowing headbutts, it wouldn't make noise like people fear.

he probably made like $3 for that 75 round match

yeah but $3 back then was a lot of money!

ranier wolfcastle - 

he probably made like $3 for that 75 round match

And bought 2 homes and 3 cars with that $3.

getgettinsomeread - 
CindyO -
getgettinsomeread - 

Cindy

Cindy, you have got to be the sexiest person on this forum.

I want a threesome with you and sister steel

Freeze me I don't care, I'm just speaking the truth Phone Post 3.0

I hate to break this to you dude, but that's not a picture of Cindy. 

MolsonMuscles -
getgettinsomeread - 
CindyO -
getgettinsomeread - 

Cindy

Cindy, you have got to be the sexiest person on this forum.

I want a threesome with you and sister steel

Freeze me I don't care, I'm just speaking the truth Phone Post 3.0

I hate to break this to you dude, but that's not a picture of Cindy. 

Oh let the man dream Phone Post 3.0