They gave BJ one of the toy belts. haha

no, they don't. as was already explained. every NEW belt winner gets a new belt, if you retain, you don't.

humphrey sphinctermuscle - no, they don't. as was already explained. every NEW belt winner gets a new belt, if you retain, you don't.

So as ive asked already... are you telling me Anderson Silva only has one UFC belt in his trophy cabinet? Despite all his defences?

His 1 single solitary belt matches Matt Serras trophy cabinet.

I find this highly unlikely.

The Mammoth - 
humphrey sphinctermuscle - no, they don't. as was already explained. every NEW belt winner gets a new belt, if you retain, you don't.

So as ive asked already... are you telling me Anderson Silva only has one UFC belt in his trophy cabinet? Despite all his defences?

Your imagination may not be the most reliable source on this issue

Mike Sanders - 
The Mammoth - 

Right now its the only thing to go on.

Without any official info from Zuffa I have to go with the Mammoth's gut feeling on this controversy.

PTSandman knows what he is talking about when it comes to belts!

Here boys:

http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=21819&category=50

http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=21821&category=50

http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=21820&category=50

blue63 - 
The Mammoth - 

This is the dumbest post I've read in a while.

Please elaborate.

Huh. Good to know. I thought they gave you a new belt each time you defended, too.

The real belts are only worth $5500? Thought they would've been worth way more than that, like 15-20K.

I thought after a fighter wins a title he gets a new belt everytime he defends it? Randy Couture had like 8 belts in his house...

Let me look up the old thread.

I broke down Randy's belts.

Randy's Belts

Bottom Right: SEG Era boxing style belt for beating Maurice Smith. Should have a 2nd for beating Randleman but it is not pictured

Bottom Middle: Ultiman belt introduced at UFC 30. Current champion at the time, Couture, given one. These belts were only used at UFC 30. At UFC 31, they gave out the v1 Octagon belts where Randy competed.

Bottom Left and Middle Left: v2 Octagon. Should have 1 for beating Liddell for interim LHW at UFC 43 and one for beating Belfort at UFC 49

Middle Right: v1 Octagon. New belt design. Awarded at UFC 31 for beating Rizzo

Top Right and Top Left: v3 Octagon

These are the LightHeavyweight from UFC 49 and UFC 68 Heavyweight belts when Randy regained these belts.

No new belts were given to him for:

UFC 34 defense vs Rizzo

UFC 44 unification vs Ortiz

UFC 74 defense vs Gonzaga

Same belts pictured minus a v3 belt as this was prior to the HW win over Sylvia.

Top Left: v3

Top Middle: v2

Top Right:  v1

Bottom Left: Boxing style

Bottom Middle: v2

Bottom Right: Ultiman

From a reliable source. Saw multiple ufc belts in Franklins house.

Danlosdi -  

Looks like T1000 in the back

It could be possible. They have done some strange things for various fighters. They gave Rampage a PRIDE belt for beating Henderson.

Also, with the v3, they have changed the stone color from blue to white. This could be another case where they gave out the remaining stock of "old" belts to certain people for various reasons.

I think some people think UFC belts are PEZ candies.

Real belt above, see how the gold looks gold and the nickle has a blue tint.

The toy belt they gave to BJ last night is just polished brass which has a unnatural color and the nickle looks like a mirror.

The Mammoth - 
Mike Sanders - 
The Mammoth - 

Right now its the only thing to go on.

PTSandman = the Man when it comes to championship belts!