They rented a 100k tent for this wedding.

wedding at the club today. The groom rented a 7000sf tent to be set up in the back to give them more room. They are not done setting up yet but here are some pictures of what they have done so far. Just the tent rental was 100k, that does not include decorations, the carpet, furniture or anything like that.

Surely you could buy that tent for much less than 100K?  That's ridiculous.

my uncle spent around 50K for his son's wedding (my cousin) they were divorced a year later LOL

Tent rentals are stupid expensive. 

I just did a quick price search.  You can rent a nice 5200 sq ft tent for 5 days for $2200.  Sounds like someones getting fucked.  And I don't mean the bride.

I work in the Wedding industry and it’s unbelievable how much people will spend on one fucking day. 

Not even really referring to the rich here, because it’s nothing to them. I mean the average income guys who spend out of their comfort zone. 

It gets super awkward when customers ask you can they pay you after the wedding when they expect money to come in via gifts lol. 

That gazeebo there tho does seem expensive. I know a company that hires them out and while I know they are really expensive and that’s a particularly good one..still way overpriced.

Soup and Beer -

Surely you could buy that tent for much less than 100K?  That's ridiculous.

Every thread I come to S&B is owning.

This

they spent 3k to hire a company to take the furniture out of our clubhouse and store it so that they could rent different furniture.

More money than brains.

My buddy has worked 800 hours of overtime this year to pay for a wedding that he scheduled for 3 pm on a Friday. I bought him a $200 knife set but by the time my date got off of work and we arrived at the venue, they were already putting away the buffet. Not that my date could have eaten anyway; she's Jewish and the only thing that didn't have bacon in it was the salad mix and the cold ass prime rib.
Fucking rednecks

darkness66 - My buddy has worked 800 hours of overtime this year to pay for a wedding that he scheduled for 3 pm on a Friday. I bought him a $200 knife set but by the time my date got off of work and we arrived at the venue, they were already putting away the buffet. Not that my date could have eaten anyway; she's Jewish and the only thing that didn't have bacon in it was the salad mix and the cold ass prime rib.
Fucking rednecks

You kinda sound like a douche

Well boys, its time to get in the tent-rental game.

Right now ive got a coleman you can rent for a fraction of the price of OPs. Only 10k/day.

Prep, set up and tear down are what costs the most for a structure like that. That os a super nice tent.

My wife plans events. You can save a lot when you know what avoid spending money on. We spent $7000 on our wedding. We fed about 350 for about $3 a person.

fng1 - Well boys, its time to get in the tent-rental game.

Right now ive got a coleman you can rent for a fraction of the price of OPs. Only 10k/day.
We are starting to get into that. I made an 8' clock for a new years event out of ply wood and a cheap clock mechanism. We rent it out for $200 an event now. My next project is a rustic outdoor bar and barn wood arch.

Mayfield - Prep, set up and tear down are what costs the most for a structure like that. That os a super nice tent.

My wife plans events. You can save a lot when you know what avoid spending money on. We spent $7000 on our wedding. We fed about 350 for about $3 a person.

yup, they have been here all week setting it up. 

KZTT_MMAfan55 -
darkness66 - My buddy has worked 800 hours of overtime this year to pay for a wedding that he scheduled for 3 pm on a Friday. I bought him a $200 knife set but by the time my date got off of work and we arrived at the venue, they were already putting away the buffet. Not that my date could have eaten anyway; she's Jewish and the only thing that didn't have bacon in it was the salad mix and the cold ass prime rib.
Fucking rednecks

You kinda sound like a douche

I know, we're pretty hard on each other at work. But this dude is a real sweetheart and I know what he really wants is a house and kids. I've watched this guy work his ass off. His wife is a wedding planner and it was a nice event, but it seems as though he got pressured into it.

All this snapping of pics during work hours is very unprofessional.

another crazy cost. The groom is fairly tall and they wanted to hold the ceremony in one of the bay windows/alcoves in the dining room, the problem is there is a chandelier hanging there. the solution? they paid an electrician $1000 to come take it down and put it back up tomorrow. 

Mayfield - Prep, set up and tear down are what costs the most for a structure like that. That os a super nice tent.

That sounds nice. I wish I would have been there. I love hot dogs. 

At least these ppl are gonna use their tent for the reception...I shot a wedding in 2015 and they hired a massive tent which sat on the grounds of a hotel garden. About 30ft from a perfectly fine ball room. They used the tent ONLY for the 15minute civil ceremony. 

Cost them thousands to hire that thing for 15 minutes. And they could have used the hotels facilities which they hired anyway for the reception. Made no sense at all. Even the woman who owned the gazeebo said it was so fucking weird. 

The couple weren’t even rich. The girl was just a wannabe princess and had to have it lol