Thiago Silva Vs Tim Boetsch is flat out insulting.

So here we are being given not 1 but 2 bullshit matchups that shouldn't even be on a main card. Two guys who are easily top 10 LHW's, Thiago Silva & Lil Nog, being fed low level fighters in Boetsch and Brilz.

What was to be an awesome fight, Griffin/Lil Nog is now a joke, and Thiago Silva went from fighting Ryan Bader (a fight I was super amped about) to fighting Boetsch?

And Bones Jones is fighting Matyushenko? These are some of the weirdest matchups I've ever seen. What on earth is Joe Silva thinking?

It should be:

Bones/Lil Nog

T. Silva/Matyushenko

Boetsch/Brilz

ttt

Did Boetsch and Brilz already fight?

If not, i like your match ups so much more.

victorpoprock - They are using the Strikeforce model of horrible mismatches in hopes of creating exciting one sided beat-downs.

blue63 - Should be
T. Silva vs Lil Nog
Bones vs Mr Wonderful
Vladdy vs Randy
and Boetsch vs Brilz

but Randy vs the punchdrunk boxer and Dana being afraid of having two up and comers fight and one ending up the loser ruins that.<br type="_moz" />

I really doubt Jon Jones will ever fight Phil Davis as they have trained together in the past.

Agreed completely. Going to pass this one by..

I was thinking the same thing. Is this the aftermath of the Anderson meltdown? Hand the crowd some beat downs?

I dig Tim Boetsch.

Brilz is actually the one who sent Boetsch out of the UFC iirc.

i hope boetsch can pull this one out.

No offense to Thiago Silva, but it's not like he's been smashing top 10 fighters at any point in his career. A win over Jardine hardly makes him untouchable.

I think Boetsch has a legit chance at defeating Silva.

Silva has been in danger in almost every single fight.

Ya, this card sux. It should be like this:

Fedor vs. Brock
Silva vs. GSP
Rampage vs. Rashad
Godzilla vs. King Kong
USA vs USSR
Joe vs. the volcano (swing bout)

Guys its obvious the UFC doesn't about what we want.

Just dont buy the PPV. End of discussion.

Thiago murders Boetsch standing.

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
victorpoprock - They are using the Strikeforce model of horrible mismatches in hopes of creating exciting one sided beat-downs.

Silva - Boetsch is not a "horrible mismatch" nor will it be a one-sided beatdown...

This is correct, but it's difficult for casual fans to accept seeing guys like Boetsch and Brilz fighting names like T. Silva and little Nog.

Even for not-so-casual fans such as myself, I find it difficult to be very compelled by such matchups. They will more than likely prove to be decent (if not excellent) fights, but on paper they just don't seem very exciting.

Zuffas match-ups are truely horrendous lately. They are basically becoming like boxing with more and more of these shitty fights nobody wants to see.

Im really starting to grow weary of the direction mma is taking under Zuffa.

blue63 - Should be
T. Silva vs Lil Nog
Bones vs Mr Wonderful
Vladdy vs Randy
and Boetsch vs Brilz

but Randy vs the punchdrunk boxer and Dana being afraid of having two up and comers fight and one ending up the loser ruins that.

COULDNT AGREE MORE!
IM JUST GLAD TO SEE THIAGO FIGHTING!

Herring, I'm not shitting on anyone's head or even complaining about the card. I think the fights will still be good. However, I can't guarantee to jump up and down with excitement with every single fight put together at the last minute because so-and-so 'hurt' his shoulder. Neither should anyone else. People have been anticipating some of these cards for weeks or months.