Things people do in training

Girls in shorts with chubby thighs and super faint leg stubble.

Modern jiu jitsu is different, man. I can handle it, but like, barely.

How about the guy who takes twenty minutes to wrap everything in tape? We’ve had guys who must spend a small fortune in athletic tape to wrap every knuckle, their toes, their feet, their wrists, etc etc.

1 Like

Taping just encourages you to abuse your fingers and grip.

Partners who talk constantly during drilling or during rolls.

Not pumped about rolling with guys who wear cups.

When I was a white belt there was a purple that, every fucking time he’d tap me out he’d say “all day long.” That fucker moved before I got good enough to take my revenge.

1 Like

All Day GIF by Peloton

1 Like

I hate it when dudes ask, “Bro… is that an erection…???” Just mind your own f-ing business.

10 Likes

Shoulda just accidentally kneed him in the nuts… LOL

1 Like

I figure if they don’t like getting poked in the ear they should learn not to let me get to north/south so much.

3 Likes

Like OP said, all the dumb motherfuckers trying to copy jon jones with that shit on a M W F weekend warrior class

There’s always the guy who wants to grab your shorts in no gi.

No, sir. Stop it. Stop it right now.

3 Likes

There are a long list of things people do that bother me. Like …

• asking you to promote them
  • avoiding bigger training partners
  • showboating vs. smaller training partners
  • tapping to knee on belly, mount, or side control
  • talking about who they submitted in class in training
  • spazzing out and fighting like their life is on the line
2 Likes

I agree with these . I enjoy flow rolling more and I feel I get more out of it . I hate when people spaz out , when they do that they tend to get cross faced a little harder than usual lol…
Side note: will you promote me to black belt
please lol

Yeah, man. I’ve been a two stripe purple belt for like four years. Maybe throw a brother a stripe…? I don’t even expect a new belt…

Although my washing machine (or maybe my dryer) keeps demoting me so maybe they know something I don’t…

I get my brown in November . I’m pretty sure I can throw you a stripe then bro lol

I’ve been doing bjj for about 12 years now . I was a white belt for 3 years , blue for 6 and been a purple for like 3 years now . The reason for not getting promoted was because most of those years I was fighting and did mainly no-gi.

1 Like

I’ve been at it for 13 years!!!

Ha.

My reasons are much the same as yours. Plus I don’t like to test.

I mostly like to just be at the gym and train with my buddies so the belt has never really mattered to me. I think I’m starting to get the itch to earn my promotions now.

2 Likes

Some schools don’t have standardized testing.

I was a 6 year white belt, 4 year blue, 10 year purple(!), 4 year brown before getting my black belt.

And I hate people that grab just a little bit of skin along with the gi!!

3 Likes