Things you remember in 2004?

I remember things that mean stuff to me and that have a human side to them.

1. Meeting Dougie and speaking with him and training with him. (both of us had a tough year)

2. Death of my father, but then on the flipslide the support from BJJ friends and people's kind words of encouragement on the forum.

3. Rowan leaving Jolsin's sucked, but then again I had the opportunity to go and visit Nova Scotia nad train and stay with him for 4days which was fantastic. His club and members are fantastic.

4. Satisfcation knowing some well deserved blubelts where given at the club. (Nemesis JACK)

5. Having good health to compete at the OSWI 2 and other tourney's

6. Meeting and training with Jacare of Alliance/Master.

7. Having family, a girlfriend and friends who understand the club is my sanctuary. (5-6 days a week)

AND MOSTLY FOR THE FRIENDSHIPS I HAVE MADE WITH MEMBERS OF THE CLUB. AND THE FACT I AM ALIVE AND DOING WHAT I WANT TO DO.

WILEY

dsc166 - Sounds like fun bro, I'd like that.

Showdown Joe - Thank you, coming from someone like you, it really means a lot to me.

Wiley - You da man, I miss training with you and of course Rowan real bad. I agree that Jack deserves his Blue but not the "nemesis" part. To me, he's brother Jack.

I remember flying to Japan and beating down their home town hero.

I Remember 2004

Great suppport and Friends like JHR, Dougie and Crazyhook....

All the late nights of ulcer getting from my boys futures being in my hands.....

Some wicked fights that are always replaced by more wicked fights because I travel to sooo many great shows every weekend. Thanks Sven, Steph, Curran, Monte, TJ, and everyother promoter out there kickin MMA ASS...

Most of all my Family, My Friends , My Life, another words my Team. I can hardley wait to be old and sitting around with the only thing to do is smile while I'm day dreaming of every moment and trip and fight we ever did together.

Thanks Everybody................

Shawn

Damn...

That is a kick ass post. :)

Doesn't mean I will let you win a chicken wing challenge... but it's a great post.

Thanks Bro and I mean Bro......

Dougie's post where he met that Joe Rogen dude at the 7-11. That was fucking hilarious.

My enlarged prostate.

C

I swear I thought he was Joe Rogan! Except Joe Rogan would have defended the double leg take down into that food display.

The Joe Rogan Snubs Me! post for RKing85.

So I am in 7-11 getting some snacks about 10 mins after the UFC ends and I see none other than Joe Rogan!

So I yell, "Hey Joe! WTF are you doing here in London Ontario Canada? I thought the UFC said you were on special assignment?"

The guys turns to me and says, "I get that a lot, I'm not Joe Rogan. Sorry."

So I yell, "WTF? Are you snubbing me dude? I watch your damn show and the UFC and support you and you snubb me? I didn't even ask for an autograph!"

They guy tried to pretend he's all shocked and tell me again, "No seriously, I'm not Joe Rogan. My name is Stanley."

By this time I am peaking. "Bullshit you are! If you're not Joe Rogan you won't be able to stop this double leg take down into a Kimura!"

note -- they showed the Kimura on the PPV so I thought I better use it

So I double leg this bastard into the chip and candy bar display. Then I lift him and drop his melon right under the slurpee machine.

Well I'll be damned if he didn't defend it. So I get up, pick up a pack of natchos and put on some 7-11 cheese and say, "Sorry Stanley," pay for the natchos and leave.

So to Joe Rogan I have this to say...

You're still ok by me!

We still aren't allowed in that 7-11.......

2004 = lots of challenges & growth

On a high note: getting married,affiliating with Royler/David Adiv, more students at the academy and getting closer to my family.

On a low note: being away from my nephew & nieces for so long that they don't remember me and not seeing them grow up, almost bedridden for 10 days from food poisioning (damn doctor thought i had meningitis,the rest of the patients thought i had freaking sars after i was ordered into isolation for 14 hours!)