Think Cerrone is fighting Chimaev (KhaBIG)

Chimaev wanted on this August card, and Cerrone started camp and is in Vegas...tough night

Should have been Mark O Madsen

Since Cerrone vs actual Khabib fell through, Khabig will do

![](upload://jWySxzsI2ybHzYboYX0NIo6tPMy.jpeg)

BusterBluth -

he would kill mark

BusterBluth -

Pretty sure they're in different weight >

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
BusterBluth -

Pretty sure they're in different weight >

Oops, yeah featherweight....Smaller than I thought.  I thought he was a lightweight and could fight short notice at 170.

1 Like

Poor Cerrone. I really hope this is not true! That’s throwing him to the wolves, literally. I don’t want to see Cowboy get beat that badly. Chimaev will eat him alive!

1 Like
Pain Headquarters -

Poor Cerrone. I really hope this is not true! That’s throwing him to the wolves, literally. I don’t want to see Cowboy get beat that badly. Chimaev will eat him alive!

This! Cowboy is probably tough for his own good. He's turned into the 175lb measuring stick. He's got no business being in the cage with Chimaev. It's Darren Till all over again. Don't get me wrong I love Cowboy but fuck me they like feeding him to the wolves.

Awful fight for cowboy. Will be sacrificed and maybe retire to launch this blokes career

1 Like

Cerrone will probably win this one since it makes no sense in his career.

2 Likes
BigBadBaldy - 
Pain Headquarters -

This! Cowboy is probably tough for his own good. He's turned into the 175lb measuring stick. He's got no business being in the cage with Chimaev. It's Darren Till all over again. Don't get me wrong I love Cowboy but fuck me they like feeding him to the wolves.

Why are we convinced Chimaev is that good? John Phillips is 22-10, and is 1-4 in the UFC, and the second kid he beat was 10-2 and is a 155er who was beating guys with records of 7-7, 10-7 and 9-8 in his last 3 fights prior to the UFC.

I’m excited to see what the future holds for Chimaev, but WTF do you think Cowboy does to a guy like John Phillips or Rhys McKee? Likely 1st round KO’s in both, and could easily do it 10 days apart. Chimaev looked about as good as he could have, but he beat guys that a typical prospect should fight…why the fuck should be fight cowboy next?

Rickmassmma -
BigBadBaldy - 
Pain Headquarters -

Why are we convinced Chimaev is that good? John Phillips is 22-10, and is 1-4 in the UFC, and the second kid he beat was 10-2 and is a 155er who was beating guys with records of 7-7, 10-7 and 9-8 in his last 3 fights prior to the UFC.

I’m excited to see what the future holds for Chimaev, but WTF do you think Cowboy does to a guy like John Phillips or Rhys McKee? Likely 1st round KO’s in both, and could easily do it 10 days apart. Chimaev looked about as good as he could have, but he beat guys that a typical prospect should fight…why the fuck should be fight cowboy next?

He should be fighting a name, its not like he had close fights, he absolutely punished these guys. I don’t like the Cowboy fight, because Cowboy is my favorite fighter. Not good

RIP Cowboy lol

Rickmassmma -
BigBadBaldy - 
Pain Headquarters -

This. He didn’t look particularly impressive against McKee, as weird as that sounds. He absolutely smeshed him, but he didn’t exactly smesh a guy offering much in return. When Khabib smeshed Conor, Conor was doing some good things and Khabib nullified it and walked through it. Chimaev just kind of swarmed McKee, who just tried to limit catastrophic damage and prolong the inevitable. I think Chimaev gets absolutely stomped by the upper echelon of the weight right now. Cowboy is actually a perfect yardstick, skilled fighter but way past his prime. It will show where Chimaev’s game is really at.

RDA is back in the gym also 

I thought he couldn’t fight in August and wanted to get on the khabib card?

Bend The Knee -
Rickmassmma -
BigBadBaldy - 
Pain Headquarters -

He should be fighting a name, its not like he had close fights, he absolutely punished these guys. I don’t like the Cowboy fight, because Cowboy is my favorite fighter. Not good

Sure, he ran over two guys that aren’t likely to have long UFC careers, let alone winning UFC records. There’s miles of guys to fight in between a 155er making his UFC debut on short notice and Cowboy Cerrone. Bryan Barberena, Mickey Gall, Lyman Good, Emil Meek, Alex Morono, Belal Muhammad, Alex Oliveira or Niko Price…anyone like that. There’s no reason to fight Cowboy in your 3rd UFC fight. 

MayorPirkle -
Rickmassmma -
BigBadBaldy - 
Pain Headquarters -

This. He didn’t look particularly impressive against McKee, as weird as that sounds. He absolutely smeshed him, but he didn’t exactly smesh a guy offering much in return. When Khabib smeshed Conor, Conor was doing some good things and Khabib nullified it and walked through it. Chimaev just kind of swarmed McKee, who just tried to limit catastrophic damage and prolong the inevitable. I think Chimaev gets absolutely stomped by the upper echelon of the weight right now. Cowboy is actually a perfect yardstick, skilled fighter but way past his prime. It will show where Chimaev’s game is really at.

He looked impressive, man…but it was against a guy that every top 30 welterweight would run over equally impressively. I think we’re saying the same thing, but the reason people are all over this guy is because of how dominant he was…but he dominated guys that he should dominate.