Think I have to replace hot water heater. Fuk.

Found some water under the hot water heater. Checked the inlets, pressure valve, drain valve etc and they are all dry as a bone. 

Opened up the compartment where the pilot window is to feel the insulation and that shit is wet as fuck. Pretty sure inner tank has a leak. 

Tank was installed back in 2011 so under 10 years. Hoping this fucker is still under warranty (doubtful) cause I don’t feel like dropping $800 on a new tank right now. 

#CoolStoryBro

#FML

1 Like

Tony Soprano ass nigga.

1 Like

Water heaters suck to replace but get it done ASAP.  Last thing you need is that thing bursting 

1 Like

If that bursts, mrs.crawler will not be happy.

1 Like
Hocky -

Tony Soprano ass nigga.

![](upload://p3Q4197X7iZ34VKyyC4GrtIAbh3.gif)

They only last about 10 years give or take. I rent mine now and if it makes it 10 years I can call them up and they'll replace it. They know it could go at anytime and swapping the tank vs paying for water damage and replacing the tank is the better option. 

Nitecrawler -

Found some water under the hot water heater. Checked the inlets, pressure valve, drain valve etc and they are all dry as a bone. 

Opened up the compartment where the pilot window is to feel the insulation and that shit is wet as fuck. Pretty sure inner tank has a leak. 

Tank was installed back in 2011 so under 10 years. Hoping this fucker is still under warranty (doubtful) cause I don’t feel like dropping $800 on a new tank right now. 

#CoolStoryBro

#FML

Tankless is the way to go. If you aren’t under warranty, and I couldn’t imagine you would be, drop the extra cash and go tankless and thank me later. Preferably in a non ghey way, or a handy, whatever. 

3 Likes

Good thing about Phoenix summers is you turn off the hot water heater because the cold water is hot as fuck. 

+1 for tankless.

1 Like

We cant even get insurance if it's over 10 years old.

1 Like

Did it rain? Maybe your chimney cap blew off and some water made it down the exhaust pipe.

4 Likes

Tankless or GTFO

1 Like

They’re an easy fix. I just replaced mine a few months ago. I have an electric, but yeah, do tankless if it’s an option.

My old boiler has it built in but we went to a tank after we replaced it. Kinda regretting we didn’t go tankless now but I heard it instant hot water isn’t a thing and it takes awhile to heat up 

Most have a 6 yr parts warranty these days. Honestly it’s better to shell the cash now and replace it. It’s easy if you’re not retarded

I picked up a 40 gallon water heater from Home Depot for about $400 dollars a few months ago. It's pretty easy to install. Buy new water supply lines as well.

Remember, you have to periodically drain the water heater to drain the sediment from the bototm of the tank. It can cause corrosion and leaks

1 Like

They’re easy to change. Adapting the pipes is the toughest part, imo.

JPro -

Did it rain? Maybe your chimney cap blew off and some water made it down the exhaust pipe.

We had some pretty bad storms last week. Never even thought of that. 

Cleaned up the water and put a few towels down so we shall see. VTFU for thinking outside of the box. 

2 Likes
Nitecrawler - 

#CoolStoryBro

#FML

Do it

had some rust on mine down low…ignored it and waited another month

Then had a 6K repair bill for rot

800<6K

White347LX - They're easy to change. Adapting the pipes is the toughest part, imo.

this, easy job unless you are required to have a licensed person do the gas hookup.