Think Tank: McGregor study and dissect thread..

This thread will be dedicated to studying McGregor's best weapons, his angles, and this movement we keep hearing about. I want all the great collective fight minds in this forum to break this man down to a science. How many times he leans right in a fight, how many times he shakes his right hand before firing a left off. Does he telegraph or not. Does he plant his feet or not. What are good counters to use. Study his set ups and traps. We have fight pass and can review review review! I want to know this guy inside and out before fight night. Conor is not unpredictable. Any tidbits of information post it. We're going to know him better than he knows himself by fight night. 

He has tells like everyone else, and this thread will serve as a think tank to expose them all. Let's do this! We'll forward this shit to Mayweather and camp 3 days before the fight..lol 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAj26rVWK14

Welcome all mouth breathers…you now have your place to call your own.

This shit is going to be like playing Mike Tyson Punchout, but with real life video. We're looking for patterns and ways to beat what McGregor offers. How do you beat McGregor's character on Punchout? What do you have to look out for?

Initial observation is Conor's punches typically come in 2 varieties, uppercuts and straights. He rarely uses a jab. He throws uppercuts with both hands, and when starting it with a left uppercut will clean up with a right hook. He fights long. His punches are all long, even his uppercuts. Designed to land from distance. I saw some effective use of that ugly uppercut he was throwing during his media workout. His left hand is his primary weapon. Seems susceptible to the 1,2 up the middle. So far I've watched the fight with Brimage and the one with Nate, and in both he was tagged clean with 1,2's throughout.

Not really picking up much because I'm tired, but I did see some patterns with his footwork that could yield results tomorrow when I have a fresh brain.  I'll have more detailed extractions tomorrow. This is actually kind of fun, and allows you to appreciate the fundamentals of the fight game on a deeper level.

I will support any thread that offers tactical analysis of this fight. We’ve seen enough 30 ft view faggotry, so I agree.

Let’s talk tactics.

I, for one, wonder about how well Floyd’s pull-counter right will work against the way Conor commits to the left. Can Floyd check hook a southpaw jab without becoming more open to the left straight? I haven’t seen the Pacquiao fight so I have no recent recollection of the use of these two critical Mayweather techniques against Southpaws.

Boxing experts?

Lancifer - I will support any thread that offers tactical analysis of this fight. We've seen enough 30 ft view faggotry, so I agree.

Let’s talk tactics.

I, for one, wonder about how well Floyd’s pull-counter right will work against the way Conor commits to the left. Can Floyd check hook a southpaw jab without becoming more open to the left straight? I haven’t seen the Pacquiao fight so I have no recent recollection of the use of these two critical Mayweather techniques against Southpaws.

Boxing experts?

Conor has a tendency to lean forward wich would make him more susceptible to a pull counter

Check hooks are done with a pivot or a step. So it would take Floyd towards his left and away from Conors left hand

Awesome thread

ISW - Welcome all mouth breathers...you now have your place to call your own.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagagagagagagagagagagagagagagagagagagagagagagahahahahaha

The left hand is like a piston. No telegraph, just effortless straight shot that pings.

I’ve really learned to appreciate the variable ways he throws it and the timing of it. It’s a beautiful shot.

tink tank imo

Connor uses right hand as a range finder rather than a jab and likes to grab his opponents lead wrist, then pops the left when the distance is right.  

What will be his range finding approach with these gloves, because he can't leave his right hanging out there like he does in MMA?

Also Connor has a very straight stance with his chin up, most of his movement is from the legs.  I am guessing he is so upright to defend tskedowns.  Will he shell up more and employ more movement from the waist up? 

GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Lancifer - I will support any thread that offers tactical analysis of this fight. We've seen enough 30 ft view faggotry, so I agree.

Let’s talk tactics.

Boxing experts?

Conor has a tendency to lean forward wich would make him more susceptible to a pull counter

Check hooks are done with a pivot or a step. So it would take Floyd towards his left and away from Conors left hand

Conor does his most damaging left shots going across himself. He also sets people up for his longer arcing left across himself, see Mendes & Brandao finishes. Conor will prefer Floyd to be circling and pivoting out away from his left. 

Arlovskis Chin - 
GSPsShadyHandWraps -

Let’s talk tactics.

Boxing experts?

Conor does his most damaging left shots going across himself. He also sets people up for his longer arcing left across himself, see Mendes & Brandao finishes. Conor will prefer Floyd to be circling and pivoting out away from his left. 

You are mixing up two different things. He doesnt prefer his opponents to circle away from his left, look at any of his fights and he always seeks outside angle like any trained southpaw would do

When he throws the left across himself, his opponents are already hurt. Its just a finishing blow

If you look at Mendes here, he is lined up for the left hand, its not a perfect one wich is why Conor is throwing it across himself. But its nowhere near the same as circling away from the left or even a pivot. A check hook pivot in that scenario would have Conor hitting air while his opponent would be facing him

McGregor vs Diego Brendao fight about to start on FS1. Study time you guys.. put on FS1!

laziest Mayweather coach ever

I have loads of great insight but I'm a Conor fan and don't want the Mayweathers changing their gameplan 3 days out after reading this thread