Thinking about a fighting knife...

Just going to be browsing for a while...

Will post interesting looking knives and prices.

Please post your thoughts or wishlist stuff, but I’m going to keep my price under $200. Hopefully.

Fallkniven.

Becker.

Esee.

1 Like

Does anyone know any knife fighting instructors in the Philly region? This was alway something that interested me.

Really thinking about a knife to add to a tactical gunbelt. Pistol holster and a double mag carrier on it at the moment.

Would like to add a good fighting knife, but I also wonder if it should be more all purpose.

Shopping this stuff is fun.

No offense Alto!

I like this look.

NomoRomophobia - 

A good "fighting" knife is able to use both sides of the blade.

1 Like

1 Like

Captain Canuck -
NomoRomophobia - 

And has paracord on the grip.

1 Like

IronHands - 
Captain Canuck -
NomoRomophobia - 

And has paracord on the grip.

1 Like

NomoRomophobia -

I have one of these

1 Like

IronHands -

Awesome. Which is your favorite of the 2? I like the look of the one on the left.

Don't mean to derail the topic but is knife 'fighting' a real thing? There's 'knife murdering' and 'sentry removal' and ambush stabbing, but do people square up each with a knife and go Mr Stabby on each other.

People who kill people with knives, even in self-defense just go to jail also.

If you have serious SD concerns move to a safer area or get a carry permit and learn to shoot.

FWIW

1 Like

This is an interesting look. The price makes me doubt the quality, but I may just buy it for fun!

I always giggle at the "knife fighting" guys too. I follow a few on IG and they are always training against another guy with a knife, doing all this flowery stuff. It's like it's some bad 80s movie. I would love to see US crime statistics on knife vs. knife altercations.

If they were really interested in self defense they should be training running. If a guy pulled out a knife, I would run, even if I had a knife of my own.

2 Likes

I've had the same Ka Bar since the mid 80s. Got it while still a boot Marine. It's been all over the world (a few times) and is still in good shape. Takes and keeps an edge pretty well. Probably too big to carry depending on where you live.

1 Like