Thinking About Confronting...

Parents of another kid in my sons preschool class. The school has a rule that requires every kid in the class to be invited to every other kids birthday party. Stupid rule, and the school can't really enforce it.
Anyway, all the parents have always done the right thing for the past 2 years. This past weekend, a girl in the class had a party and my son wasn't invited. Now, I don't care either way, but I am sure that it will be hurtful to my son when he goes to school Monday and all the kids were at the party except for my kid.

For the record, the girl has been at my sons parties since they met. I've ways invited every kid in his classes like I was asked to.

Should I bring this up to the parents of the girl who had her party? Bring it up to the school? Just tell the mom that she's a twat for singling out my kid? Do nothing at all? Phone Post 3.0

Let it go Phone Post 3.0

"The school has a rule that requires every kid in the class to be invited to every other kids birthday party."

Lmfao!!!! That is fucking ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0

GuttyProfessor - Parents of another kid in my sons preschool class. The school has a rule that requires every kid in the class to be invited to every other kids birthday party. Stupid rule, and the school can't really enforce it.
Anyway, all the parents have always done the right thing for the past 2 years. This past weekend, a girl in the class had a party and my son wasn't invited. Now, I don't care either way, but I am sure that it will be hurtful to my son when he goes to school Monday and all the kids were at the party except for my kid.

For the record, the girl has been at my sons parties since they met. I've ways invited every kid in his classes like I was asked to.

Should I bring this up to the parents of the girl who had her party? Bring it up to the school? Just tell the mom that she's a twat for singling out my kid? Do nothing at all? Phone Post 3.0
Take little man somewhere really cool tomorrow...where do you live? Amusement park, golf n stuff... Something he will be so stoked on he won't give a shit about her lame ass party come Monday...don't say anything to mom, invite them to yours again in the future, give mom a glass of punch with ex lax in it...lol Phone Post 3.0

Nitecrawler - "The school has a rule that requires every kid in the class to be invited to every other kids birthday party."

agreed. They do it so that no kid is singled out.... To avoid exactly what was done to my son. It is so a private school with very high tuition and admission requirements. I'm really pissed about this. Phone Post 3.0

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero -
GuttyProfessor - Parents of another kid in my sons preschool class. The school has a rule that requires every kid in the class to be invited to every other kids birthday party. Stupid rule, and the school can't really enforce it.

Take little man somewhere really cool tomorrow...where do you live? Amusement park, golf n stuff... Something he will be so stoked on he won't give a shit about her lame ass party come Monday...don't say anything to mom, invite them to yours again in the future, give mom a glass of punch with ex lax in it...lol Phone Post 3.0
Good idea Fett.... Phone Post 3.0

Does that rule only apply if invitations are handed out at school? (My kids school has that rule). In any event, let it go. Do something cool with him instead. Most likely this will be a bigger deal to you than him as a preschooler Phone Post 3.0

Was your son the only one not invited?  If so, that's pretty shitty.  If the girl just invited a select group of friends I don't have a problem with it.

GuttyProfessor - 
Nitecrawler - "The school has a rule that requires every kid in the class to be invited to every other kids birthday party."

agreed. They do it so that no kid is singled out.... To avoid exactly what was done to my son. It is so a private school with very high tuition and admission requirements. I'm really pissed about this. Phone Post 3.0

They try to do the same thing at my sons catholic school and its a garbage guideline that sidesteps real life lessons.

Take this chance to teach your son a bit about disappointment in life.

Not everyone in life will like him (im sure hes a great kid though).

If he finds out sit him down and explain its not a big deal and to just ignore this girl going forward.

Right here. You can't even require that. Phone Post 3.0

next time dont invite that little cunt to your sons party

they didn't want you to show up at their home maybe?

GuttyProfessor -
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero -

Good idea Fett.... Phone Post 3.0
Then if he does hear about party and is a little bummed when he gets home, just tell him you already had your fun day planned and didn't wanna cancel it for some koodie infested girls Bday ... He will feel special and like the cool kid! Phone Post 3.0

Oh I just read it's a private school. Madness. Phone Post 3.0

How to deal with sadness and frustration; it's an important thing to teach and SEVERELY under looked. Start now. Phone Post 3.0

I know he has to learn those lessons. Honestly, I'm not angry that he has to learn these lessons now. What pisses me off is the parents of this little girl. They are adults and should know better. The little girl probably has no idea that my son was left out. It's the parents fault that this happened.

As an aside, I'm interested to see what the school will do about this. If they require us to invite everyone, and my kid was left out, I hope they tell the parents their kid isn't welcome at the school any more. Phone Post 3.0

Go to a shooting range and teach him how to shoot

GuttyProfessor - I know he has to learn those lessons. Honestly, I'm not angry that he has to learn these lessons now. What pisses me off is the parents of this little girl. They are adults and should know better. The little girl probably has no idea that my son was left out. It's the parents fault that this happened.

As an aside, I'm interested to see what the school will do about this. If they require us to invite everyone, and my kid was left out, I hope they tell the parents their kid isn't welcome at the school any more. Phone Post 3.0

Are you sure your son was the ONLY kid not invited?

GuttyProfessor - I know he has to learn those lessons. Honestly, I'm not angry that he has to learn these lessons now. What pisses me off is the parents of this little girl. They are adults and should know better. The little girl probably has no idea that my son was left out. It's the parents fault that this happened.

You're mad at them because they hurt your kid. Your kid is going to model your behavior (in life). How do YOU deal with sadness and frustration? Phone Post 3.0

Did she invite any boys? Is it possible she only invited all the girls in the class